Personal Update: 3 Months Out

by Saethydd 1 Replies latest jw experiences

• Saethydd
    Saethydd

I've been mentally free of the Watchtower for nine months now, three months ago I moved out of my parent's house and gave up any pretexts of being reinstated. In that time I've faced difficulties adjusting to my new life such as the new responsibilities I have in caring for my own needs, the loneliness that sometimes strikes when I miss my family, and the occasionally unshakable feeling of guilt over the way things are with them.

In that time, I've faced difficulties adjusting to my new life such as the new responsibilities I have in caring for my own needs, the loneliness that sometimes strikes when I miss my family, and the occasionally unshakable feeling of guilt over the way things are with them.

Overall though, I feel better about my life now. I make an effort to really help people where I can by doing more than "praying for them" or "sharing a scripture." I've made several new friends and worked to strengthen or even re-establish my old friendships that I had been discouraged from pursuing. I've learned to better silence that judgmental part of my mind that tries to react to any action I didn't personally agree with. I'm taking genuine steps to improve myself through education and a thoughtful consideration of my beliefs. I have also made it my mission in life to use that education and my own personal talents to make the world a better place for those who follow me.

I feel more comfortable with my beliefs and values than I ever did as a Witness. I like myself much better now than I ever did as a Witness, I only wish my family did too.

• Are you serious
    Are you serious

It sure isn't easy when your family wants nothing to do with you. That's what the cult does to people. Keep doing what you're doing making friends and expanding your horizons. You will be alot better and happier for it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit