Spiritual Paradise Watchtower Style

by Vanderhoven7 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

It should be quite evident that the happiest people on earth live in the exquisite Watchtower Paradise while anxiously awaiting the annihilation of 8 billion inhabitants of earth.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Hairtrigger:

Being raised a Witness, one of thousands of Protestant denominations that started from Luther's Reformation Movement around 1517AD, I had never heard of Apostolic Succession until my recent studies on the history of Christianity.

As the story goes, when Jesus was on Earth he directly appointed 12 Apostles. Judas Iscariot's death resulting in a vacancy. In the book of Acts the remaining 11 Apostles appoint Mathias to replace Judas. This is the first person to succeed an Apostle by appointment from previous Apostles. Later Paul and Timothy would be appointed.

Over the years, every time one of the Apostles died the remaining Apostles would literally lay hands on a person who was to be one of the next Apostles. This procedure continued over the centuries whenever a Pope or Bishop was appointed. Every person appointed could trace their lineage of appointing back to the original 12.

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Truth-b-known

was there ever written records of the apostolic succession? And if there were where are they now?

I know the Catholic Church touts the Apostolic Succession idea a lot and justifies the position of the Pope. But is there any irrefutable evidence that authenticates this ?

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Hairtrigger:

Yes. There are writings by the such ones. Check out The Apostolic Fathers in English 3rd Edition by Michael Holmes.

Please keep in mind that Martin Luther's Reformation Movement is why some many outside the Catholic Church have no idea where much of Christian doctrine comes from. Luther touted Sola Scriptura (Scripture Only) or "if it is not in the Bible it is not true." Then Luther started removing books from the Bible because they opposed his beliefs (i.e. saved by grace alone which gave us "once saved, always saved"). Luther tried to have the Book of James removed from the Bible because one verse counters the saved by grace alone belief.

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Truth-b-known

thanks Will do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit