Does anyone remember the WT or Awake which condemned the movie ET?

by berylblue 14 Replies latest jw friends

• rocketman
    rocketman

dmouse, thanks for the Christ-ET thingy from the AFake.

Notice that they they you can make your 'own decision'. But in reality, the article's message is to not see the movie. Couple that with jws who then take this stuff and run with it, and you have a rule that has been made.

• undercover
    undercover
    Notice that they they you can make your 'own decision'. But in reality, the article's message is to not see the movie. Couple that with jws who then take this stuff and run with it, and you have a rule that has been made.

It is an inferred rule. Each must make his decision. But notice how the guilt is layed out for anyone who thinks they can see this and not be affected. If one chooses to see this, others ridicule their stand as being ungrateful to what the "slave" has provided. So to remain in good standing one has no choice but to follow the guideline. So in effect, you are not allowed to decide for yourself without some kind of censure.

• anti-absolutist
    anti-absolutist

This is off topic slightly but why didn't ALL religion get upset when John Lennon's "Imagine" song stated that his view of a better world included "no religion"? Is it because they would have to condemn themselves as well, rather than just the "Indian" philosophies, or just some OTHER religion?

Religion=hypocrisy

Brad

• El Cid
    El Cid

This is also off-topic, but as long as we are talking about John Lennon...I swear that years ago I once saw photo of Lennon reading a copy of either the WT or Awake magazine. Has anyone else ever seen this?

• undercover
    undercover

I've never seen a photo of Lennon reading a WT or Awake but I do remember a Bethelite telling me that the doorman at the Dakota always took them because "Mr. Lennon liked to read them". Probably another urban legand.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit