me and my new girlfriend

by justthenorm 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who
    Just read the Watchtower study article for October 19-25, p. 26-27 and you will find the answer. Especially paragraph 12. Once she reads it, she will probably have second thoughts about you. Its the way they are programmed. Save yourself the misery and trouble now. Forget her...
  • RobertT18
    RobertT18

@Heaven - I know, it's so sad. My father threw away his past and he acts like it didn't happen. He had pictures, medals and a lot of nice military decoration and my mother made him get rid of that. It's like they've took my father and replaced him. I'm tempted to post my own thread about this, so depressing.

• jws
    jws

Is she willing to disassociate herself for you?

The brainwashing is strong among JWs. I've seen many who, in their youth, treated other things as more important. Some good things like marriage, others bad, like drugs. But, when all of the excitement dies down - marriage becomes routine, thoughts turn back to the JWs. Now they feel as though they betrayed God and the Witness organization and want to return.

If she does, where does that leave you? The pressure will always be on to convert you into being a JW. And if/when kids enter the picture, there will be a fight over them. How to raise them, what JW rules apply to them, etc.

That being said, the religion doesn't always have staying power. MANY leave. This site is filled with people who have turned their backs on the JWs and will never feel guilty and never want to return. So that is possible. If there is any hope, it's not only to pull her out for love. It's to pull her out because she knows it's completely wrong. When that's where her mind is at, she's a lot safer as a potential mate.

• Cangie
    Cangie
    All the things we said to you already are important, but I think you need to start at the beginning and re-examine this. Your title is "Me and my NEW girlfriend: (1) new girlfriend, (2) you just started dating her, (3) and you are already planning to get married??? Under "normal" circumstances (not dating a JW) marrying someone this quickly is a very bad idea. You need more time to know someone well enough to determine if you can establish a good life with them even if they did not have the insane JW stuff going on. I think many married people would agree with me and advise you that thinking you love someone is not the only consideration for this decision. Perhaps getting some "pre-marital counseling" to understand what life issues you will face will help you to see whether this is a wise decision for either of you.
  • TheMark
    TheMark
    YOU ARE MAKING A SERIOUS MISTAKE
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Gosh, Mark, don't hold back... :smirk:
  • Oogie
    Oogie
    Like others have said...RUN!!!
  • Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

Put it all on the table: What you expect regarding holidays, birthdays, etc., sexual relations, if she marries you and then starts a heavy campaign to convert you, abandoning you for meetings, assemblies, and all other JWs gatherings and crap.

She might be lovely, mild, and all, but it can go sour quickly if the JW mindset takes over her being. Later on, when children happen, it could turn into an ugly heartbreaking mess.

You will be back here telling us your sad story.

SL

• TheMark
    TheMark

It was a little extreme I suppose

• Magwitch
    Magwitch
    Justhenorm:
    Me and my New Girlfriend..... ive started dating this girl ...... i think i want to marry

Slow down Speedracer! I don't care what religion either one of you are. If you have just started dating and you think you want to marry her, you better put the brakes on pretty fast. What the hell is your hurry?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit