My brain will explode

by Alex Bogdanov 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Alex Bogdanov
    Alex Bogdanov

I am so tired to talk to JWs that I know. I think one day I will become rude and ingore them and avoid them. Every conversation ends like this-

Me. You know the verse from Deuteronomy 18:22 about false prophet?

JW. Yes.

Me. You know how much faithful slave changed their opinion.

JW. Yes.

Me. You know that in the past faithful slave was saying that they are inspired by God and now they say they are not.

JW. Yes.

Me. So why are you still going there if by the Bible's standarts you are part of the Babylon.

JW. How did you come to that conclusion?

Me. What? Organisation is constantly lying. Just like the Babylon.

JW. Its not lies its mistakes.

Me. Oh, ok. Its just simple mistakes. Well maybe Catholics are doing simple mistakes as well. Maybe all religions are slightly wrong, tiny mistakes, no big deal. By your logic everyone deserves to be in the new world.

JW. We are the truth and only we will survive.

Me. Based on what?

JW. Based on what Bible says.

Me. Lets discuss what the Bible says about the false prophet.

And the never ending loop beggins. So fed up. Its like talking to a wall that doesn't have ears.

• zeb
    zeb

I feel for you. why bother?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I go up to an orthodox jew who is praying at the wailing wall in Jerusalem and ask him how long has he been doing this and he reply`s all of my 70 years of life .

I ask him what does he pray for and he says peace among the Arabs and the Israelis and the Palestinians above all ?

And i ask him and how do you think your prayers are being answered ?

and he says sometimes I`m thinking I`m just talking to a bloody brick wall .

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Ask any JW if the Catholic church's practice of voluntarily confessing to one priest is unscriptural.

They'll automatically want to say 'yes.'

Then ask them why J.W.'s are compelled to confess their serious sins to three elders? (scriptural backing?)

Matthew 18:15-17 says nothing about elders being involved when someone commits a serious sin.

In fact, Jesus explicitly stated that if a serious sin has been witnessed by someone, the matter should be resolved by the sinner and the witness. No one else was to be involved. Jesus never said anything about Christians having to confess to elders. (verse 16 is referring to other witnesses of the sin - not witnesses of the accusation)

Get them to read Matthew 18:17 & 1 Timothy 5:20, and then ask them, "So exactly who did Jesus & Paul say were to be informed of an unrepentant person's sin?" (obviously not just the kangaroo court!)

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I’m kind of surprised you haven’t been DFed by questioning like that.

• Alex Bogdanov
    Alex Bogdanov

Zeb. I will give up soon.

Smiddy3. Yep, thats how it is.

The Fall guy. That is a good point. Sadly Org doesn't understand it and has to know every detail of our lives.

Joe134cd. I have no clue why I am still not DFed. I thought it would happen already a while ago. But all the JWs in the area know that I am a "bad influence" maybe for them it is enough. Who knows? Nobody know what the Org is really up to 🤔

• stillin
    stillin

I'm a "bad influence" just by only showing up at meetings once in a while. I haven't been going to any church. I don't have an extra-marital affair going. None of that. I suppose that I could be seen enjoying my occasional cigar and asked to the back room for it, but that hasn't happened yet.

Personally, I think that the elders aren't as fast to DF as they used to be. But I might as well be DF'd, nobody stops by to say hello. Nobody calls. I was texted by a goodguy elder about the CO being in town, but that's the full extent of how much anybody cares about me dying at Armageddon.

The Wittnesses have their own demons to deal with.

• blownaway
    blownaway

You may as well try to to change the spots on a leopard.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Alex - You might want to break them out of the loop by asking some embarrassing questions which shed light on the fact that the WTS is not directed by holy spirit. Some of these questions I picked up on this site.

How well do you know your organization's history? (from recent to remote)

a. How do you respond to the accusation that your religion has failed to protect children from pedophiles within your organization?

• Do you think the two witness rule helps protect children from predators in the congregation?

• Have you heard about the Australian Royal Commission investigations?

• Do you know how many child sex abuse cases that the WTS in Australia failed to report to authorities since 1960? (over 1000)

b. What are your personal thoughts about your religion being associated with the UN (wild beast of Revelation) as an NGO for approximately 10 years from 1991 to 2000? Do you know the WTS stated reason for joining? (to acquire a library card)

c. Can you tell me why JWs with severe kidney or liver malfunctions were out of luck before 1980? (from 1967 to 1980 organ transplants = cannibalism)

d. Do you know why JW hemophiliacs were frightened in the late 1970s? (1975-1978 hemophiliac preparations were banned)

e. Do you know why Jehovah's Witnesses got so excited that they began selling their homes in the early 1970s? (It was for the same reason JW teens were not planning careers or even taking trade courses after high school; it was considered dangerous - no time-systems end so close)

f. Do you know why Jehovah's Witnesses were more susceptible to disease than worldly people before 1952? (From 1927-1952 vaccinations were banned as a violation of the everlasting covenant)

g. Do you know why JWs were advised not to marry or have children in the 30s & 40s? (Armageddon so close)

h. Do you know why JWs were adding rooms onto their homes in the early 1920s? (because in 1926 they could call Abraham in Jerusalem and ask him to raise grandma)

After every question you can ask if this was evidence of holy spirit's direction.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Great Questions Vanderhoven7

Here's a few more......... do you understand that in the bible it says that if you come across a dead animal that did not have the blood drained and you cooked it up and ate it you were not DF and shunned. You were simply considered unclean until the evening and you could change your clothes? (Leviticus 17:15)

Jesus removed this law in (Mark 7:15-19). when he said:

"“It’s not what goes into your body that defiles you; you are defiled by what comes from your heart.”

Do you understand that celebrating your birthday or any holiday in the name of the Lord was acceptable to a Christian according to Romans 14:5-6?

"5 One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind. 6 Whoever regards one day as special does so to the Lord. Whoever eats meat does so to the Lord, for they give thanks to God; and whoever abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God."

So how does the WTBTS pull this stuff out of their arse and get away with it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit