Whats the problem?

by eyeuse2badub 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Like the Noah of old, (as described in the bible), are modern day jw’s just poor teachers? I mean, Noah, and I assume his family, preached for decades prior to the “deluge”. They were “clearly” or “evidently” poor at convincing their contemporaries that a ‘flood’ was a comin’. Not one single solitary convert to show for all them there decades of preachin’. I ask why jehober didn’t bless the “most important work” of that time which was the saving human lives.

I ask the same question today? There is theoretically 8 million jw’s out there preaching (or trying to sell their religion) to others. They are reportedly spending over a billion hours preaching, yet the number of about 8 million jw’s hasn’t grown much for the past 5/6 years. One would think that with 8 million teachers (salespersons) and jehober’s obvious blessing, that the growth would be tremendous.

Poor teachers, poor teachings, or no blessing from jehober?

just saying!

• Chook
    Chook

The problem with JW headquarters is they can't start again, so they are chained to a history of bullshit that if they did it again they probably wouldn't do certain things because it affects the MONEY flow.1 blood which they can't change due to too many deaths, 2 1914 they just put it in print to much so they can't change because the rank and file would realise God didn't change his mind. 3 Education so the money would flow more freely. 4 the no children policy which hindered increase.

• Mr Negative
    Mr Negative

Just so you know, the account in Genesis makes no mention of Noah preaching. In fact, the implication is there that Noah and his family are the only ones who have been chosen to survive form the start, so there would be no need of preaching. The idea that Noah was a "preacher" comes quite erroneously from a scripture in the New Testament and has no basis in the original story.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub
    The idea that Noah was a "preacher" comes quite erroneously from a scripture in the New Testament and has no basis in the original story.

Mr Negative are you suggesting that the biblical accounts recorded in god's word the holy bible may not be factual and perhaps even exaggerated? Please say it ain't so!

just saying!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit