Designer Stubble

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/teen-questions/
    1 Who Am I?

2 Why Do I Worry About My Appearance?

3 How Can I Talk to My Parents?

4 How Can I Fix My Mistakes?

5 What if I’m Being Bullied at School?

6 How Can I Resist Peer Pressure?

7 How Can I Deal With the Pressure to Have Sex?

8 What Should I Know About Sexual Assault?

9 Should I Believe in Evolution?

10 How Can the Bible Help Me?

Basically a compilation of previous WT articles.
    Let's take chapter 9 on Evolution:
    Statements as quotes below are really going to help JW teens defend Creation:

“If you were walking through the forest and discovered a beautiful house, would you think: ‘How fascinating!The trees must have fallen in just the right way to make this house.’ Of course not! It’s just not reasonable. So why should we believe that everything in the universe just happened to come about?”

“Imagine that someone told you that there was an explosion at a printing plant and that the ink spattered onto the walls and ceilings and formed the text of an unabridged dictionary. Would you believe it?”

• talesin
    talesin

Now, let's look at #8. What Should I Know About Sexual Assault?

There are 2 victims used as examples:

Some youths, like Annette, are assaulted by a stranger. Others are attacked by an acquaintance or even a family member. At just ten years of age, Natalie was sexually abused by a teenager who lived near her home. “I was so scared and ashamed that at first I didn’t tell anyone,” she says.

Both are told, it is NOT your fault, never.

BUT, they are both instructed to talk to their parents, get counsel from the elders, and pray.

No mention of going to the hospital and have a rape kit.

No mention of REPORTING to the police.

No professional counselling for either victim.

STILL not reporting!!!

ARRGH.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Brochure: Questions that young people would never have asked until we planted the thoughts into their minds and then supplied the questions.

WTBTS......SCREW YOU....

DD🍺🍺

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    #8 - WOW they used an example of a girl named CANDICE!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THE BALLS THEY HAVE!!!!!
  • MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

Does it answer : How to tell if I'm in a cult?

How about : How to exit a fanatical religion imposed by my parents?

• Landy
    Landy
    “If you were walking through the forest and discovered a beautiful house, would you think: ‘How fascinating!The trees must have fallen in just the right way to make this house.’ Of course not! It’s just not reasonable. So why should we believe that everything in the universe just happened to come about?”
    “Imagine that someone told you that there was an explosion at a printing plant and that the ink spattered onto the walls and ceilings and formed the text of an unabridged dictionary. Would you believe it?”

Great isn't it. Ridiculous statements that a 1st year biology student would be shaking his head at.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Let's take chapter 9 on Evolution:

Evolutionary scientists don't discuss how the universe came about, they are only concerned with how life developed on earth. This cult misrepresents everyone and then forbids higher education so you can't find out who is right for yourself.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Absolutely Xanthippe, not only do the WT conflate evolution with the arrival of life but they entirely miss the point of the theory, deliberately so, which is that evolution occurs in small increments with the organism utilizing a small variant which favours its reproduction. Big changes come very slowly.

So the illustration of a house in the woods arriving by the fall of trees and the tired one of an explosion in a print works is so inappropriate as to be laughable. Unless of course you are a JW with a mental age stuck at the level of a 5 year old. Four year olds might buy magical creation illustrations but perhaps not so many six year olds?

(I have to admit though because there is nothing in everyday life like evolution, a simple illustration of the process is very hard to find.)

Naturally teaching as if to a five year old is desirable in a doomsday cult as having your audience unquestioning and unsophisticated like children are makes it easy for mind manipulation.

Sad and vile at the same time.

• tiki
    tiki
    Its all very gaggifying. They don't even get what evolution is. And where the question...what should I do if brother elder tries to get into my undies....or has already.....
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt

Same tired strategy - dont answer the question you just raised.

None of the answers below speak to if evolution is a fact. (which might be important)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit