Random Thought: Was Prince in good standing in the Org?

by HereIgo 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• HereIgo
    HereIgo

I find it hard to believe that the flamboyant grooming, earrings and heels would grant him positive status in the congregation. It definitely wouldn't fly in my old cong in Arizona. He would been pulled in the B room rather fast. I guess money and fame could get a person far in the Org...

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

They had a memorial service for him at the local Kingdom Hall, went out of their way to invite non-witnesses. What does that tell you?

• Worldling9
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

He had money so yes he was in good standing.

• millie210
    millie210

There was also an announcement expressing sorrow over his death released by headquarters in New York wasnt there?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

JWS like to moniker out celebrities as one their own, Prince was exploited under that same premise.

I don't think he was in good standing before his death, he grew his hair long and probably wasn't attending many meetings or going out in service.

He wasn't DFed as long as its known , most likely was given a blind eye though where Eiders were too afraid to approach him.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut

Was Prince in good standing in the Org?

As good of standing as a guy of 4' 11' can hope for.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Random Thought: Was Prince in good standing in the Org?

Image result for $Image result for Absolutely wordImage result for $

• blondie
    blondie

Jws with money, power, influence are never treated the same...the WTS does not want the negative publicity, e.g., Michael Jackson.

The Williams sisters are not baptized and were unbaptized publishers a long time ago. Mother Oracene used to go to West Palm Beach congregation and is baptized, father never was. Status of siblings is murky, some baptized, some not.

Remember in the bible, King David was not put to death for committing adultery and murder although that was the law and no "mercy" clause for the ordinary Israelite. I expect god couldl not have another king fall by the wayside like King Saul...or like the third king, Solomon.

• HereIgo
    HereIgo

thanks Blondie for your insight

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit