Sophie gives even more than ice cream money to the WT

by OrphanCrow 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sparky1
    sparky1

Here Sophia. Forget that other maze. Have some fun with this maze and get some ice cream, too. After all, you're just a kid..............enjoy it while you can.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    problemaddict: Oh wow! Orphan Crow for the win!

I have to credit a friend on facebook for this little gem. He posted it this morning. I was floored when I saw it.

I remember as a child being so intrigued and jealous of my friends at school who would talk about their Sunday School activities and I also remember how the things that the churches of the world did with the kids would be scoffed at by the JW parents.

"We don't need to do coloring stuff and things with our children. They study the Bibble." Said self righteously and pompously. With a snicker thrown in for good measure.

How things change. Children activities with a Watchtower twist. Madness.

• Spiral
    Spiral

Orphan Crow~ Yes! When I was growing up the WT was just too righteous to cater to kids like that. (ugh) Now they are so desperate they will stoop to the level of catering to kids if they can pick up that extra dollar. It's just beyond disgusting.

• sparky1
    sparky1

Interesting isn't it OrphanCrow ..................other religions want their children to turn their attention to Jesus (supposedly a living being worthy of worship) without any mention of money. Watchtower wants their children to turn their attention to some inanimate buildings and send them money to perpetuate the ruse.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Yes...I did some google searches for general activities to do with children to instill a sense of charity with them. None of the numerous ideas suggested for parents to do had to do with putting money into a church collection box to build new churches and give away propaganda. The activities had to do with donating food and clothing to shelters, working in soup kitchens...you get the drift.

if the WT are designing children "charitable" activities to give the appearance that they are a "charity", then they have a really, really twisted idea of what charity means.

*to add - and what is this about the necessity to be generous towards "God"? Towards the being who they claim is supreme and all powerful? Why would a child be told that God needs money??

• Clearview
    Clearview
    How do the r&f not see what's going on here? I mean, its not even a picture of a kid with money going into the maze, its just a picture of a f*****g hand holding out money. How much more blatant can they get? They might as well just come out and say "We don't care about you, just put your money in the box, spend all your time trying to find other people to put money in the box, and don't complain about it".
  • JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    LOL, a few years ago this would have been unbelievable but now they are really pushing for the cash. Make no mistake this is not about kid's ice cream money. It's about making the parents feel guilty when their child goes to donate $0.25. This is a subtle guilt trip for parents, if your kids want to give, why don't you? You should set the example for your little JWs.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    JW_Rogue:
    It's about making the parents feel guilty when their child goes to donate $0.25. This is a subtle guilt trip for parents, if your kids want to give, why don't you? You should set the example for your little JWs.
    • Absolutely there is an underlying message built into this for the parents.
      They are being told not to buy anything extra or "superfluous" for their children. The children are to deprive themselves. Well, that means mom and dad have to stop getting them treats or new things. If the parents don't do that...they aren't training their children right.
      Sheesh, first they took Xmas away. And birthdays. And Easter. Valentines. No more spending money on frilly stuff. If ya ain't buying gifts at holidays, all the more for the Tower coffers. No holidays of any kind - and now....no ice cream and no....everything. Just more Kingdom Halls and literature carts.
      What the hell is next? Only a bowl of rice three times a day??
  • Esse quam videri
  • smiddy
    smiddy

When you thought the G.B. couldn`t stoop any lower , surprise , surprise , they do .

How despicable they are , guilt tripping children into giving their pocket money to the Borganization .

How disgusting is that,

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit