Movies that used the term Jehovah Watchtower or Witnesses!

by Witness 007 20 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Indiana Jones 3...we had Elders going to this movie. Life of Brian stoning people who say Jehovah...so funny! Even "Supergirl" where someone knocks on the door of the secret hideout and the villain says "if that's those damn Jehovahs Witnesses again!" We were a real 1970-2018 pain in the ass.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Here's another movie which featured JWs in some way: Blue Velvet (1986) by David Lynch.

Laura Dern's character Sandy is asked by Jeffrey Beaumont (played by Kyle MacLachlan) to pose as a JW because he has a few Awake magazines and wants to get into someone's house as a pest-control guy. Sandy is supposed to knock after a few minutes, posing as a JW, to see if he's ok.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i remember watching a "Minder" episode on UK tv---Where Arfur invites 2 witness door knockers in---to make sure he is not "home alone" for some reason. It was hilarious.

Did any other UK members see it ?

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

In Coming to America, John Amos's character gets rid of one of his daughter's suitors who knocked at their front door and --not wanting her to know who it was-- claims it was JWs.

I believe that in the original version of Frankenstein, one of the people in the first scene makes a reference to Jehovah, though obviously not to the JWs, who would have only adopted the name around that time.

• Nikolaus
    Nikolaus

„Perfect World“ with Kevin Costner as an escaped convict who takes a young JW boy hostage and become the father figure for him and let‘s him experience some freedom.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Oh man kid from perfect world....first Halloween with Cosner "butch"! Classic I was crying.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

"Throw moma froma train"...Billy Crystal to Danny Devito. Hanging from train...."What do you think I'm doing, selling Watchtowers get me uta here..."

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Stan - Did any other UK members see it ?

No. I was at the meeting.

there was an episode of Space 1999 where Commander Koenig replied to a statement about God, 'You mean Jehovah?'

Wasn't there a mental monkey in Family Guy that brandished a Watchtower from a wardrobe?

• alfriendo
    alfriendo

There was a movie released in 2017 (in which Emna Thompson plays a judge) titled "The Children Act".

It.s a little morbid but worth a watch!

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Episode of the X-Files. First Season, if I recall correctly. Mulder and Scully at the door. lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit