WATCHTOWER extracts 104 million from Trust in U.K. Plan to ditch Kingdom Halls at play??

by Terry 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS
    I think the guy in the video (R & R?)

The video is from JW Updates. He has some videos on youtube. That is not me posting that video.

Then about a year ago we had another vote, this was for congregations who still held the title deeds to their KH to sign them over and also to vote to leave the Charity Commission. This would make life easier for the congregation secretary as he would no longer have to submit the annual accounts and report to the CC.

Do you find anything sinister about this? A little paperwork for the secretary to fill out and now you give the Society control?

St George of England : What do you think is happening? Do you think they will sell off some/most congregations? Will they blame the pandemic for the selloff? Will they continue/discontinue zoom meetings?

The Society use all their ''yes men'' to push all their money making schemes to benefit the Society. Most members will sleep during this scheme and donate their time and money to a never ending cycle that never benefits their members...ALL IN THE NAME OF JEHOVAH!

TIME TO WAKE UP!

• St George of England
    St George of England
    Do you find anything sinister about this? A little paperwork for the secretary to fill out and now you give the Society control?

Absolutely true! It's another "simplification" lie as per when the contribution for literature was removed. In 2014 the CC launched an investigation into JW's all to do with the Moston(?) congregation in Manchester. It brought a lot of bad publicity and probably caused some JW's to wake up. The CC website for each congregation contains a fair bit of information about each registered congregation, not just financial but a list of the elders or Trustees as they are called. Removing registration stops a lot of prying eyes.

Now all the dealings with the CC are under the direct control of the WTB&TS of Britain and the KH Trust. There are a few interesting names on the Trustees of the KH Trust including Denis Dutton who many on here will know. So yes, I think it is sinister. Especially if child abuse cases raise their ugly head as per Manchester. As you rightly say the paperwork the secretary had to submit each year was really trivial.

Personally I don't think they will sell off all the KH's as yet. The March 2022 "Announcements and Reminders", Item 3, refers to two documents, "A/V guidelines for resuming in-person meetings at the KH (S-260)" and "A/V instructions for hybrid meetings (S-261)" which I have not been able to source as yet but sounds to me like they intend to resume KH meetings possibly with ZOOM for us old decrepit members!

Sorry about thinking it was you in the video.

George

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

If they go full-hybrid with the meetings, I can see in the future they will consolidate even more Kingdom Hall buildings and split the remaining ones in 2 or 4 to accommodate smaller groups doing their online stuff.

And as time progresses, more and more will be pushed online, first the special meetings, then the circuit meetings, then the assemblies and then after that it will be 10-15 years further and the new generation will be used to online meetings.

• joey jojo
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd

I agree with bluesbrother, that physical meetings won’t be abandoned. There would just be to many long term loses, for the short term monetary gains.

• St George of England
    St George of England

"A/V guidelines for resuming in-person meetings at the KH (S-260)"

"A/V instructions for hybrid meetings (S-261)"

Has anyone been able to get these documents? Maybe our friend Atlantis and his team will be able to help.

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit