Guilt as Motivator

by LifesNotOver 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Half banana
    Half banana

Lifesnotover, you have like JWs and all religious people, been motivated by unnecessary guilt. Religion trades in guilt!

Let me encourage you to realize that instead of guilt you can congratulate yourself for having had the courage to give up the dreadful JW cult and your old life and now you can redeem your liberty to enjoy your life as a free human agent.

As Flipper says it is indeed hard to rid ourselves of this indoctrination and it does take time but eventually you will lose the guilt and you will become a whole and happy individual......... if you aim for it!

All the best to you, you can do it!.

• Raque Invierno
    Raque Invierno

Hi! You didn't sound crazy to me but brave.

I hope you find what works for you to stop that feeling. It's a process but you're on your way. :)

• smiddy
    smiddy

LNO your going through a transition in your life that may take a lot of time to get through , leaving your husband ,religion ,leaving associates you formed while in the religion ,I wont call them friends,your in your mid fifties and starting out on your own again is all very traumatic. Dont be too hard on yourself.

Just one or two of the things you are going through can be stressful enough without adding a few more things to cope with.

Again dont be so hard on yourself Lighten up.

Take care

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit