Hidden Abuse Under Watchtower

by MicaSmith 23 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Heaven
    Heaven

Mica said: I am of the opinion that something is deeply troubling at the top. One of the attorneys representing a victim in another case I read about said that the The Watchtower treats victims as adversaries.

Yes, this is correct. The authorities in the Watchtower shoot their wounded. They believe child rape is a sin, not a crime. With the Bible to prop them up, they are doing immeasurable harm.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

MicaS, you're so right, there is no way a pedophile-protecting org can represent a loving deity.

The wt cult crushes and destroys. I'm happy the Internet has made it easier to disable their control.

Marina

• MicaSmith
    MicaSmith

Hi Heaven,

Really? What an interesting point I never considered that.

This would explain why when I was a child, and even as an adult, other witnesses minimized the brutality committed by my mother against her children. But here is the thing, if someone were to break into at kingdom Hall, and trash the place, the elders would contact the police.They would feel violated. It would be considered a crime. If someone were to deface the property at Bethel they would summon the police and that would be considered a crime. And if someone were to physically attack a member of the governing body, repeatedly, or even just once, that would be considered a crime. If the police did not respond properly the Watchtower would file a legal claim that their civil rights were violated. But if a child is raped, brutalized , or violated by a fellow witness it's a sin? The word crime may not be used in the bible but the bible does recognize crime and its impact. Cain was the second criminal in the bible to receive a death sentence, the first was his father, Adam. I distrust the governing body. Their handling of this matter and their treatment of victims is proof that they do not represent God. However,I believe in God with all my heart and soul.

• MicaSmith
    MicaSmith

Hi Iown MyLife:

You hit the nail on the head "a pedophile-protecting org" and I must add to that deceit tolerant. Any loving parent should take great care.

By the way, I made a discovery this morning. I went to The [Australian] Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse, and was able to download all the evidence, and transcripts of the JW hearings. This is the hearing where the governing body representative had to answer questions about how victims were treated. It is called Case Study 29

I also learned that the Commission released a Best Principles Consultation Paper on how institutions should handle sex abuse complaints. It was released on March 21st. It's at this link.

• Incognito
    Incognito

MicaSmith welcome to the forum.

It appears you're just learning of the abuse issue within the Watchtower.

The Australian Royal Commission hearing is posted on Youtube if you wish to watch. Governing Body member Geoffrey Jackson was subpoenaed to testify as were Austrarlian branch elders and lawyer. Search: Australian Royal Commission Jehovah's Wittnesses

An additional website of interest is Silentlambs.com

• Heaven
    Heaven

Mica said: This would explain why when I was a child, and even as an adult, other witnesses minimized the brutality committed by my mother against her children.

The Bible supports abuse. Example:

Psalms 137:9: Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks. - NIV

Religions' foundational books are full of harmful ideals.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Heaven...

Sure doesn't paint the Bible in an awfully positive light, does it?

• steve2
    steve2

Psalms 137:9: Happy is the one who seizes your infants and dashes them against the rocks. - NIV

This is one of an untold number of erses that cause me to be unimpressed when people earnestly declare they are "only" following the Bible.

• Heaven
    Heaven
    Vidiot said:

@ Heaven...

Sure doesn't paint the Bible in an awfully positive light, does it?

Agreed. Many Christians have not really read their Bibles. I know because when I quote these scriptures to Christians, they have no idea they exist. I didn't either until I started viewing the Bible away from the religion I was raised in.

When I analyze it, I see religion maneuvering their 'flocks' through the Bible, handpicking the scriptures that prop up their agendas. Doctrine and dogma come from mostly male religious authority figures wanting power and control. And most do not wish to admit evil within their religion or their own leaders for this brings scrutiny, doubt, and questioning God's favour of them.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Hi Mica...Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for sharing the information you found on ARC I saved it. I had some of it before but lost some of that.

Two points to share while Jesus talked about the two witness rule his reference was that it was adults that needed to be careful when someone is accused.

On the other hand in the book of Mark 13-15 he said this about children:

13 And they were bringing children to Him so that He might touch them; but the disciples rebuked them. 14But when Jesus saw this, He was indignant and said to them, "Permit the children to come to Me; do not hinder them; for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. 15"Truly I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child will not enter it at all."…

I would say that's pretty clear that the children are not to be hindered. Did he have to spell out do not sexually abuse children? Or can we take that as a given?

The WT hides behind the two witness rule because they are desperate to hide the abuse and now the chickens are coming back to roost.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit