Do the Witnesses still allow women to preach in men's prisons?

by JimmyYoung 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JimmyYoung
    JimmyYoung

I knew of several women who would preach at the local correctional facility. Some would do the fall in love and get married to a new convert who had a long prison sentence. If the Witnesses had half a brain they would stop this before it ever got started. I have been out for years so I don't know if they still do this.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The official stand is for qualified brothers to go in. People getting in over their heads has been and is a problem .

It is common for prisoners to " find jesus", they dont have the opportunity to stray as easily . Also despite what many want to believe people dont grow up until 25 or 30

• skin
    skin

But it makes a wonderful upbuilding experience to relate at conventions, that prisoner is now serving as an elder at some congregation somewhere.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

JIMMY YOUNG:

I don’t know..but when I was in we were asked if we would preach to women in prison. I refused.

I didn’t like the idea. They said we were ‘safe’ but I still said:..‘No. Not Interested’.

Scenario:...What would happen hypothetically if a woman prisoner got an early release....she was in a mall or shopping area with a male associate..she spots the unsuspecting ‘sister’ shopping ...she points out the unsuspecting sister to her ‘friend’...the sister could be followed to her car and anything could happen!

Nah, the idiot religion can go fly a kite with its ideas!.. I also fear that stupid Witnesses study with these people and make it sound like the religion is a charitable organization- which it is NOT.... Everybody’s answer is to target women and other responsible people in the kingdom hall for charity for these people and other deadbeats in the hall !!!

This just adds one more reason why I am glad to not be there anymore.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Anyone remember the harrowing Jaycee Lee Dugard case?

Sex offender Garrido used Jehovah’s Witness to get early parole

(Story from San Francisco Chronicle, updated with James A. Beckford reference.)

There was another one, also in California, were a convicted pedophile was released from prison after studying with Witnesses, and got baptized.

He violated parole conditions by going door-to-door in car groups including children, and who knows how many doors he knocked on with children present.

The "brothers" were fine with this "arrangement" because he served his time and got dunked. No concern whatsoever for potential, future victims either inside or outside the Kingdom Hall.

So, does it even matter if women can still preach in prisons?

NO.

The "brothers" shelter known criminals all the time.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

If women go in and show a little leg, there will be many more opportunities for bible studies.

Rub a Dub

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

In my experience the Society tightened things up and only an elder and perhaps accompanied by a mature male would now go into a prison. I have no idea about women’s prisons.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

IMO, female ministers working male prisons is all kinds of trouble just waiting to happen.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    betterdaze - "...The 'brothers' were fine with this 'arrangement' because he served his time and got dunked. No concern whatsoever for potential, future victims either inside or outside the Kingdom Hall..."

Buncha f**king morons.

• stillin
    stillin

I have known of many "jailhouse repentances." But I don't know a single person who learned the religion in jail and kept it when he got out.

One young man came home full of determination to stay on track. It meant so much to his Witness mother. Less than a year. Then again. Poor mom...

They mean well, most of them. But if you're in jail and the only thing going on is your "bible study," well, the conductor has a captive audience

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit