Did anyone ever fall asleep on you in service?

by Jayson 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Jayson
    Jayson

I'm thinking of doing this if I get dinged again.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

• termite 35
    termite 35

This should be in the Adult section Jayson

the answer is , never ; and if they did I would have woken them up to finish what they'd started

• Jayson
    Jayson

HA

I meant in door to door service.......Oh heck I'll just stop digging!

• foreword
    foreword

No but I did,

It was a sister's door, and the people invited us into the living room, the sister had to wake me up....a little embarassing I must say.

• rocketman
    rocketman

Tell ya what - I HATED being the perosn who tagged along on a Bible study in someone's home. I'd be asked to read every third paragraph, if that, and was ignored through the rest of it. I nearly dozed off on a couple of occasions. Home bible studies are incredibly boring!

About two years ago, a brother who was leading out for morning service asked me to go on his study. I refused - I had had it with sitting there and rotting.

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

No ones ever fell asleep, but the brother on the next door had an old man collapsed on him.

He actually had to ask what to do...I think he was even thinking of walking away!

We phoned an ambulance and he was ok, thank god.

• benext
    benext

I fell asleep when I sat in on a study. When I was conducting a study Brother Moske (DO) fell asleep. I woke him up once but let him sleep when he dozed off again.

• danb71
    danb71

back when i was pioneering, my partner used to fall asleep constantly in the car. he actually liked to plan his rv's with 20-minute rides between them so he could get in the catnaps. he was a pioneer, elder, and owned a lawn care business so he was always pulling these 18-hour days. amazed he didn't have a heart attack. what a soldier.

d

• proplog2
    proplog2

When I was a young man & trying to date, pioneer, work nights - I fell asleep at the bookstudy while I was conducting. The brother who was reading shook me to wake up. I apologized to the group. I asked my assistant to finish the study - I went home to bed.

We were studying the Babylon book - first half - really, really boring stuff on Isaiah. Kind of like the Isaiah book we're studying now.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

A more spicy question would have been, Did anyone ever sleep with you in service ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit