I got up yesterday morning (Saturday) and enjoyed the watchtower work

by Zoos 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Beautiful! My wife and I went hiking and even zip lined for the first time in the Nantahala a few years back. I'd love to go back, though we also have our eyes set on Grandfather Mountain. Thanks for the share.
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

We drove west passed the Appalachian trail and continued on to Cumberland, Maryland. The Western Maryland Railroad has a scenic leaf peeper steam train trip to Frostburg. The foliage was glorious.

Instead of riding the train this time, we chased it. We would race ahead to the next crossing ( they actually give you a map) and my son would quickly set up his tripod camera and take video of the old steamer winding through the mountains.

They stopped at Frostburg and we watched the engine turn around on the turntable and then had a little lunch while we waited for the train to leave. Then, we raced the train back down the mountain grabbing photos and video at the crossings again.

My son has his own youtube channel where he posts various trains that we have "railfanned." He's got a few followers and likes to put up a new video every month. That keeps us busy! Today's trip was 2 hours and three quarters one way. It was a long day and we blew a lot of gas, but this is what my son does. He doesn't play sports or march in the band. He chases trains!

• Zoos
    Zoos
    My son has his own youtube channel where he posts various trains that we have "railfanned."

Link his channel. That would be interesting.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher
    Will work on that this afternoon.
  • GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

My son has a youtube channel called GearedProductions that has videos of trains, mostly steamers, around the Mid-Atlantic region.

He has really improved his film-making skills through time and is doing a great job, I think, for a 14 year old kid. He has not edited and uploaded our most recent adventure to western Maryland, but please check out his Strasburg Railroad videos from their Vintage Cars Alongside Vintage Trains event. It's a cool event where antique cars race steam trains. The railroad was so impressed that they asked him for permission to use some of his footage in their promotional materials!

He'll probably edit and upload yesterday's great train race by this weekend. Check back next week if you're interested.

Did I mention I was proud of him?

https://www.youtube.com/user/Geardproductions

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Was Bob Dylan there?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit