Where are they now? Long, lost JWs

by Bro-jo 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Bro-jo
    Bro-jo
    If it has not already been done, I would like to introduce a new topic. For me, I would like to know the whereabouts and what's up with some of my former friends and acquaintances. To start: Some folks I used to be close to at Cape Cod Mass: Bob and Pam Fragosa , Dick and Valerie Davis, Charles Harutunian (sic). Ron & Menta Nixon, Jerry Stuaffer. From somewhere in the mid west Elaine and Leana Coffee (They served in CT for a while back in the 60s). We called them the Coffee sisters. Jim and Renate Pellechia. I believe they are currently at Bethel. From upstate New York Jack Ashenback.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Western states, USA:

John Cook

David Whig

Keith McCaslin

Tim McClenehan

Shelly, Judy and Corina Reyes

Ron Seitz

Ron and Rodney Raybourn (Twins)

Ray Leksberg

• JustMe2
    JustMe2
    Jack Ashenback died a few years ago, either in Florida or South Carolina. He had Alzheimer's disease, early-onset, I believe.
  • dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

The Nixon's mentioned in the OP went to live in Italy some years ago. Don't know if they are still there or not

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Wow, BroJo... Some of those names are very familiar to me. My (non-jw) grandparents retired to CapeCod in the mid-70's and we used to spend alot of time with them there. And, of course, like good little JW kids, we attended the local Hall whenever we were there.

Jim and Renata were in the circuit work when we met them. They served our congregation in the early/mid 70's and stayed at our house for 3 weeks - twice a year for two years. My understanding is that they left the circuit work because Renata's computer skills were wanted at Brooklyn. I think she may have been involved somehow with MEPS???

As far as I know, Jim and Renata are still in Brooklyn. (They remained friends with my JW mother.)

Haratunian and Fragosa sound VERY Familiar. But that was a very long time ago... ;-)

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I would love to find Dena Gutekunst Luzell. I knew her in Butler PA. (I think someone told me her parents moved back to Buffalo NY but they did not know where Dena and her 3(?) girls were.

Also from Butler PA, I lost contact with Dave Mort!mer. He was 6'9" tall and served in Brooklyn Bethel in the mid/late 80's. He was a nice guy and I hope he's doing well.

Dave's brother John, last I heard was still active in or near Coraopolis (sp?) PA, and was still married to Beth (nee Gutekunst).

Does anyone know how to find Dena G or Dave M??

• JustMe2
    JustMe2
    Does anyone know Melanie Chaneske (maiden name), originally from Scottsdale, Arizona?
  • James Jack
    James Jack

I remember Jack Ashenback from Port Salerno FL.

Pretty even tempered Elder. I guess his age now when have around 70, that's a little to die of Alzheimer's disease, but then Eva Skinner, a friend of died at age 69.

• brokethechains
    brokethechains
    Long time Lurker and first time poster here :) I was originally from the Hartford Connecticut area . In the congregation I was in, there were 2 elders who were very very kind to everyone including me ... even during my Judicial committee when I was DF. Does anyone know of these 2 younger elders : Dave Smith ( black / Jamaican brother who was service overseer and book study conductor ) or John Beal ( good looking White Brother - He was the School overseer, the Watchtower Study Conductor and my Book Study Overseer at the same time ) They were both somewhere in their 30's in the late 1990's . Although I never went back - I will never forget these 2 kind men ! I hope they are well !
  • YinzerDad
    YinzerDad
    Anyone ever have Barry McKenzie as a Circuit Overseer? He was in WV in the early - mid 90s. He was a funny man and I always thought he kind of shot from the hip as opposed to some of the stickers that came through.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit