May WT study edition: full of king of North and South / Rusia

by Gorbatchov 30 Replies latest jw friends

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

These days, everyone knows that the king of the north is Liverpool FC.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The Org must've been super-relieved when Russia started turning back into a "bad guy" in the press.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75
    resolute Bandicot,

Yes if only JWs count for Christians, then there is not that much to write home about. I wonder if muslims treat the JWs different, as they dont believe in trinity or worship Jesus. In the case of Russia, I would say that was pretty bad, if it is true the JWs were tortured.

• JoenB75
    JoenB75

As for the kings of north and south, it is better to look to the day in which Daniel was written. For some odd reason, Russia is always a bad guy in modern Western apocalyptic groups

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The local JDubs are just falling all over themselves about this GREAT WT article. The "Brothers" have identified the King of the North. None of them old enough to recall the "Your Will Be Done" book from 1958. It said the same thing. Then WT reversed it (when USSR broke up) and said they didn't know. Now it's back to being Russia (the old USSR) because they're persecuting JWs.

You can't make this shit up.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Russia persecuting JW's doesn't bother the WT Society. What really bugs them is the confiscation of WT assets. Anything that costs them money will get a response.

George

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello St George of England,

You are, inho, 100% right:

- What really bugs them is the confiscation of WT assets. -

Greetings,

JC MacHislopp

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I look forward to the WTB&TS returning to prophecies about the Giza Pyramids, Napoleon and Kaiser Wilhelm, thus showing that the Creator of the Universe is really on top of things.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

They just have to find something to keep "The End is Sooooo Near" going in the JDumb's minds. They will no doubt keep having " adjusted understanding" of this "prophecy" every few years for that purpose as long as they exist.

The Book of Daniel was fraudulent when written, pretending to be written centuries before it really was in the mid 2nd century B.C. There is nothing in the Bible that can be taken as applying to our Day, or any later time.

No prediction in the Bible has ever come true in the terms expressed, and even " Daniel" got stuff wrong, though actually writing way after the events he was supposedly presenting as prophecy.

Has any prediction of the JW org itself ever come true as they presented it either ? I struggle to think of one, yet "Jehovah" is whispering in their ear, we are told. Got a wicked sense of humour that Jehovah !

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    JoenB75 - "For some odd reason, Russia is always a bad guy in modern Western apocalyptic groups ..."

They are very convenient villains, aren't they?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit