Trying to imagine living under Jehovah’s Theocratic Rule!

by I believe in overlapping 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

I did imagine that and that is why I left rather than waste the rest of my life. I even told the elders that the WTS paradise would just be a bigger and worse version of the unloving congregations I had been in. I had already given them some pointed examples that hit home with them. After that they could not say it wasn't happening unless they revealed to what extent they were liars.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    blondie2 hours ago
    I did imagine that and that is why I left rather than waste the rest of my life

Same here Blondie, I imagined living in the New System miles away from anyone. Growing food, having kids and waiting a thousand years for them to become loving people. Eventually the hateful attitude broke us and we left.

• blondie
    blondie

Xanthippe, I imagined if the imaginable happened, that I could not get far enough away from the jws. They would hunt me down and kill me imagining that they were doing a service for their god.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Blondie, so much for the mark of true Christians being love among themselves eh?

At the end just before we left an elder came to our house to basically yell at us because we had just started leaving during the final song to get away from the hurtful people. With having depression I felt like I didn't have any skin on my body and the verbal attacks hurt so much.

I said to the elder I had given up hoping the people I'd shown love to for years would show love to me and now I just wanted them to leave me alone. They even picked on me with their snide remarks if I just sat quietly and waited for my husband while he did his eldering. So glad I don't have to do that any more!

• I believe in overlapping
    I believe in overlapping

Vidiot

Now, imagine the Org being given control of a small country tomorrow.

any form of alternative sexual expression (even between heterosexual married couples) would be outlawed

LongHairGal

There would be bullying by uneducated and egotistical men and violence would surely follow

It would be a new Dark Ages with people wanting to bail out.

Well you knows what “Eventually” happens when people are oppressed, especially when laws of sexual expression start to become ridiculous. Even their own book, (“Bible”) teaches this basic truth of what will happen if you go too far.

(Ecclesiastes 7:7) . . .For mere oppression may make a wise one act crazy. . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32eZRsEff9U

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    LongHairGal - "...Everything else would fall apart..."

I don't know that everything would "fall apart" per se, but it would be a fucking nightmare to live in, that's for sure.

Back when I was still In but having doubts (and had definitely concluded by then that the bOrg was wrong about some major shit)... I still stuck with it and reassured myself with the belief that even if there were problems with the Org now, after Armageddon those would disappear and I'd be free to think and live as I pleased.

Then I realized that the WTS actually planned to run the show for the entire "Thousand Year Reign"...

...and I felt sick to my stomach.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit