Friends of onacruise

by Onacruise2NephewBoogaloo 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• Onacruise2NephewBoogaloo
    Onacruise2NephewBoogaloo

I was born into The Elastic Fact, Tract & Knock Knock Club, as it is known to some, but most often you will hear them referred to as "the worst thing I've ever been through."I had the typical JW early life of forced compliance by sadistic joy killing narcissists. I learned early on that 'new light' doesn't come from stifled children and there was no suggestion box at my house.

When I was 6 my parents divorced and my mom quickly remarried and we moved from Portland to the Oregon coast. The stepdad soon became an elder and the congo PO. The only welcome thing about the 'dad-swap' was his older brothers.The oldest of these was a funny, gentle giant and genius who taught me to think beyond my thoughts and the things I was taught.

He's the reason I joined this forum. I called him "The Uncle Monster" because he was huge and would attack my brothers and I in our blanket forts. Some of you veterans of this forum knew him as Craig Mills. I believe there are others here who knew him as Onacruise.

I came here because I miss him, and have deep regrets about not keeping closer contact with him. His early passing makes that impossible now. I left the Dub Club years before he did and despite being shunned by everyone I was ever allowed to know, I had special resentment towards Craig, because I expected more from him. He was supposed to try.

As of this year, I have been out longer than i was in. Not one try by any witness. Not one family member or friend. Later when Craig was df-ed, he called me to apologize and we reconciled, but it seemed clear to both of us that the damage this cult does to families had been done to us. We had many great conversations on the phone, but things were different. Our connection had been broken, and I still believed he was indestructible.

My hope is that by interacting with this group, I may find a way to forgive myself for not being there for him, and to better understand where he was in his mind during his last years. I'm not looking for pats on the back and "Don't beat yourself ups". I had no clue what he was going through and thought we had more time. Imagine that. Whether you knew Craig or not, this was the last place he hung out and he loved it here.

As a member of the Ex-JW community, I know we are right to be suspicious of new comers showing up wanting to integrate, while being WT plants and narks, thus the introduction. Feel free to ask/tell me anything you like including verifying who I say I am and I'm sure there are parts of his life you may not have felt comfy asking about. Now when you see me lurking around your forums, you'll at least know what brand of apostate lies I'm shoveling :-D

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Welcome nehew..

I had many a great phone call with Craig when I first came on this forum in 2004. He was someone that you would immediately take to because he understood where you were coming from. It is too bad that I was on the other side of the country.

Yeah, I miss him too.

HappyDad

• cofty
    cofty
    Hi welcome to the forum.
  • millie210
    millie210

Thanks for making me feel like I knew Onacruise personally by reading your words.

This reminds me just how much we say and do NOW can impact people later for the good.

So thanks for that and Im glad youre here.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I well remember Onacruise.... One of the great old timer board members who made it what it is . Directly or indirectly we all owe him and the other oldies.

I am saddened to hear of his passing. What you have said about him ties in with my memories of his warm posts on here.. One of the good guys!

Welcome though to his nephew, may you find joy and happiness here ..keep posting

• Simon
    Simon

Welcome to the site.

I'm not sure if you know but he was actually a moderator on this site and helped run it so was directly responsible for helping make it what it is.

I hope he enjoyed doing it and it helped him. We appreciated the help he gave us.

The one bad thing about running a site like this for an extended period of time is that eventually people pass on. Sometimes it feels a bit like "Lost" - it's about the connections we make and overlapping lives and experiences along the way.

Sometimes people make an impression and being remembered is the best most of us can hope for.

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE

The Elastic Fact, Tract & Knock Knock Club = a great title for a book by someone like Tom Wolfe .......love it !

You are a victim ..............of victims ...............Welcome and stop beating yourself up about certain regrets about things that were really beyond your control !

• talesin
    talesin

Hi, and welcome to the forum. I remember Onacruse, Craig, very well. He was a brilliant and funny person whose pain ran deep. The Watchtower really did a number on him, and his passing was very sad. Many people loved him a great deal.

You are doing exactly the thing you need to do, and I feel, honouring his memory by becoming free yourself, and taking steps to heal. Keep on a healthy path, and don't bury your pain inside.

My two uncles, who passed in recent years, were some of my greatest cheerleaders, and influences in my life. Hold those memories of "The Uncle Monster" in your heart, and know that Uncle Craig would be happy that you are finding your own way. xx tal

• talesin
    talesin

PS. I see you have your uncle's wit! ahahaha!

I was born into The Elastic Fact, Tract & Knock Knock Club,
  • TheListener
    TheListener
    I really miss Onacruise. I am glad you posted. I hope the board provides what you're looking for.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit