What`s wrong With American Politics ?

by smiddy3 21 Replies latest social current

• Littlewilly
    Littlewilly

Seems like Americans are wanting and calling for a leader who possess both intelligence and compassion toward the population's woes and problems and they have some real big problems right now with the virus pandemic running rampant in that country.

The election on Nov. 3 will reveal more to that.

• minimus
    minimus

Funny thread

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Democracy has been colorfully described as two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for dinner. A republic is an armed lamb contesting the vote.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Ok ,I did quote what you said in your post about 96% of pollsters claiming that Hillary got that amount of votes Simon ,my bad .

It is a discussion forum isn`t it ? At least I got four likes in my OP .Why do people get so personal in their attacks ?

Thank you Sigfrid Mallozi for giving a balanced non inflammatory answer to my baited question without resorting to a personal attack on me.

But I do thank you all for responding to my post.And as you will note I did expect a backlash from it.

And got it .

• Terry
    Terry

Trump was "the highest vote earner of any Republican candidate ever," exceeding George W. Bush's 62.04 million votes in 2004, though neither reached Clinton's 65.9 million, nor Obama's 69.5 million votes in 2008, the overall record.

The Cook Political Report, reports the election hinged not on Clinton's large 2.8 million overall vote margin over Trump, but rather on about 78,000 votes from only three counties in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan.

In state-by-state tallies, Trump earned 306 pledged electors, Clinton 232. They lost respectively two and five votes to faithless electors. Vice presidential candidates Pence and Kaine lost one and five votes, respectively. Three other votes by electors were invalidated and recast.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

What's wrong with American politics?

Extremists are doing most of the talking.

• JeffT
    JeffT

In my opinion, the media have not done anything to make the situation better, and a lot to make it worse. Fox news is mostly a propaganda outlet for the Republican party. Everything else is 99% a propaganda outlet for the Democratic party. Actual Journalism is no longer practiced in this country. As a result, people think that sifting through the crap for bits you like is a good substitute for thinking.

• Simon
    Simon
    Ok ,I did quote what you said in your post about 96% of pollsters claiming that Hillary got that amount of votes Simon ,my bad .

No, you did NOT quote what I said because I clearly did not say that.

Thank you Sigfrid Mallozi for giving a balanced non inflammatory answer to my baited question without resorting to a personal attack on me.
    But I do thank you all for responding to my post.And as you will note I did expect a backlash from it.
    And got it .

So it sounds like you were deliberately trying to provoke a negative response and acted dumb to get it. Do you think that is some kind of achievement or serves some sort of bizarre purpose?

Most people call that "trolling".

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

He is trolling, from another perspective, Trump won 2,626 counties while Clinton took 487 of them nationwide.

Yes, Hillary nearly won the election with just 15% of all US communities voting for her. So there you go, Trump won 85% of the vote and nearly lost to Hillary.

So if you want to talk about fly-over country and the majority of the country having the feeling they are getting ignored, this is why. The cities (NY and CA in particular) get all the attention, all the funding, all the political capital and people in rural areas and their local issues get largely ignored.

• Jazzbo
    Jazzbo

"96% of American people who got off there arse to vote, chose Hillary Clinton to be president"

When you start off with a blatant, malicious and truly ignorant lie, you lose all credibility and those with an IQ greater than room temperature read no further.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit