Request!----Atlantis Do You Have The V.D.M. Questionnaire?

by Atlantis 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Atlantis, Do You Have The V.D.M. Questionnaire?

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Betty:

At first, this Questionnaire was just for the brothers who were speakers, to better qualify themselves to teach.

In those days, many congregations who "elected" brothers to be elders would not even consider a brother, unless he had answered these questions and got 85% of them right.

The first mention of the V.D.M. Degree was in the 1906 Watchtower. Watchtower Headquarters had three brothers who would grade these tests.

A person would write to headquarters and request the questionnaire. The questionnaire would be sent to them in postal mail, and the participant would answer the questions and send it back to headquarters.

Later on around 1915 or 1916, the sisters learned about this questionnaire and also wanted to qualify themselves to teach. Many sisters passed the test and were just as qualified to teach as the elders. They just needed to wear a head-covering.

If the participant answered the questions and got at least 85% of them right, they were sent a V.D.M. Degree

This is the "Form" that was sent out to participants back around 1916. The ink is a little weak but still readable. The brothers could use their "V.D.M. Degree" to avoid the draft and claim they were a minister.

The V.D.M. Committee was set up of three brothers to grade each test. If a person passed the test they were sent a V.D.M. Degree

Since the Watchtower claimed that "ALL" JW's were ministers, they then decided to try and qualify every JW on earth as a minister. So, around 1943 when the Theocratic Ministry School started, they decided to test everyone with questions.

This was the start of the "Written Review".

I have all that junk, I mean spiritual food, in a folder with the Watchtower's of 1916-1918 and other stuff if you want it.

Each PDF will show a code at the end of the file name, such as: Sisters, committee, Questionnaire, 3 brothers committee, and so forth for quick finding.

The PDF's are highlighted for quick viewing.

If you just want the Questionnaire, then be my guest. If you find any vanilla ice-cream in there, send it back!

Click image to enlarge.

V.D.M. Questionnaire:
    Page 1

Page 2

Grandpa!

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

V.D.M. stands for:

Verbi Die Minister, which is Latin for

Minister of The Divine Word

or

Minister of The Word of God

Grandpa!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Looking at page two the last 7 questions could be answered in the affirmative whether you have actually done so or not .

I suppose they were just relying on a persons honesty in answering those Q`s and not thinking about a person who is just wanting to gain recognition and prominence in the congregation.

Thanks Atlantis I`m still learning something everyday about the cult even though I was in for 32 years.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Atlantis (Grandpa)...you are awesome!😊

Thank you for all you do...without a doubt WT views you as a thorn in their side...the Good Lord on the other hand loves your work!

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Thanks everybody! In one statement for the V.D.M. questionnaire at the bottom of the page, the Tower asks the participants not to cheat.

Can you imagine?

Mr. Magoo! ( Well, that is what Petra calls me sometimes! )

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Wow the r&f would never guess the origin of things like this, never even heard of it. Thanks so much for sharing the research!

• TonusOH
    TonusOH
    Atlantis: Mr. Magoo! ( Well, that is what Petra calls me sometimes! )

Well, in that spirit, I must say... Magoo, you've done it again!

• vienne
    vienne

"I have all that junk, I mean spiritual food, in a folder with the Watchtower's of 1916-1918 and other stuff if you want it."

May I please have this file?

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    Thanks Atlantis I`m still learning something everyday about the cult even though I was in for 32 years.
    Wow the r&f would never guess the origin of things like this, never even heard of it. Thanks so much for sharing the research!

Actually this is not new. The list of VDM questions and an image of it was already published in 1992 in the Proclaimers book Chapter 15:

https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/Jehovahs-Witnesses-Proclaimers-of-Gods-Kingdom/An-Association-of-Brothers/Development-of-the-Organization-Structure/

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

V.D.M. Documents download.

Atlantis!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit