The JW governing body are ALREADY priests!

by BoogerMan 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

How many JW's are aware they have "priests?"

w02 5/1 p. 16 par. 9 Jehovah Hates the Course of Treachery - "Comparably, for more than a century now, the anointed brothers of Christ, those with the heavenly hope, have served as “a holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God.”

Shucks, I'll bet they wish they were already kings as well!

I never knew of a holy priest who loved Macallan Malt Whisky. Good endorsement for it. :)

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    I'll bet they wish they were already kings as well!

I'm pretty sure they already believe that - they certainly act like it. They teach that they were appointed over all the things that Jesus has authority over. Since Jesus said that all authority had been given him in heaven and earth, at the very least they consider themselves kings of planet earth - RIGHT NOW

The apostle Paul ran into the same sort of narcissists... nothing new. Just don't step in it.

[You behave as if] you are already filled [with spiritual wisdom and in need of nothing more]. Already you have become rich [in spiritual gifts]! You [in your conceit] have ascended your thrones and become kings without us 1 Cor. 4:8 Amplified Bible

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

The cult's dogma about their elite (or anyone else apart from Christ) becoming a king, is mind-numbingly false.

• enoughisenough
    enoughisenough

that quote from 2002 saying they have served as a holy priesthood for more than 100 years...obviously so much was the group think, some of us (ME) gullibly let it roll off like water on a duck's back...if we had given any real thought to it, we would have rebelled! Group Think is pretty powerful stuff and everyone looking at the same printed material and parroting it. It's like the mocking bird news-the whole media reports the same falsehoods and the world believes it. We should be looking behind the curtain on just about every subject. Anyway, if I had really given any thought to the printed statement, I would have rejected it.

• waton
    waton

wt leaders believe they are the mediators of the new covenant to the "sheep" now and for a 1000+ years. A priestly function they teach. Appointed in 1919, still teaching the same slogan: " (8) Millions now living will never die".

• Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

I guess the GB were appointed as Kings when they named the new road Kings Drive which connects to the already named Long Meadow Road when they built the Warwick NY World Headquarters Complex where the GB do their JW business.

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

Kings Dr..... that's funny. They can take the silver spoons out of their mouths and start digging their own graves with them. They will not win this fight they have picked.

You are buried 20 feet underground in a coffin with a spoon in your hand  and 1 hour of air in the coffin. Can you find a loophole to save you? -  Quora

• Konagirl
    Konagirl

Well, the apostle Paul as one of the foundation “stones” of the spiritual Temple, mentioned he was an acting priest. (Rom 15:15,16 CSB) The anointed are priests, chosen to serve as a holy priesthood, and to teach the people God’s laws. (Isa 43:10; 1 Pet 2:5,9; Mal 2:7) But, only the GB serve as a “priest”, (if they are all anointed) and not for the spiritual Temple of God, but for their organization, teaching organizational doctrine instead of the laws in Christ. Makes you wonder why this religion touts of having anointed “saints” with them for the last 100 years, and yet they are not used as “priests” to serve the people.

I believe this is why: Matt 24:24,25; Matt 7:15,20; Luke 17:23

Where is the “Man of Lawlessness”

Korah seeks the priesthood – Num. 16:3-7; 10-11, 18,20-21,35,40

“Foreigners uncircumcised” serving as priests are an abomination – Num. 18:7; 2 Chron. 23:6,7; Ezek. 44:6-9

Today’s priesthood and Temple of God – 1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16-17; 1 Cor 6:19-20; Eph 2:20-22

2002/8/1 Wt. – “Representing the royal priesthood are appointed elders, who serve in positions of responsibility in congregations of Jehovah’s people around the world”

“When you see the abomination of desolation standing where it should not be (let the reader understand), then those in Judea must flee to the mountains.” Mark 13:14

Dan.11:31; Matt 24:15-16; 2 Thess 2:3,4; Rev. 11:1-3; 13:1,2,18

2002/8/1 Wt. – “Rather than challenge their authority, we truly appreciate our hardworking elders!”

Rev. 13:7 – It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue and nation”

2 Thess 2:9,10

• joao
    joao

Of course they are Kings! And we their slaves. Well, not anymore!!!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The post from “enoughisenough” says a lot. There were often small comments in the articles that , taken by themselves, would seem strange. But as long-standing dubs we just fitted it in with our own prior understanding and let it go by.

I can remember saying that it must be difficult to keep writing articles, by a team of writers, and have them all fit everything exactly. Comments like the above we would led wash over us.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit