PIMO GB members?

by Half banana 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Anythings possible Hb .Its true that most of us here at one stage never dreamed we would be sitting on this side of the fence exposing WT `s deceptive ,manipulative and controlling practices .

Yet here we are , so anything is possible.

Though it is hard for humans to give up prestige ,adulation,power & authority,not to mention the life-style they enjoy,world travel along with other lurks and perks they undoubtedly have.

It would take a man with intestinal fortitude to do so and I`m not sure any of the present GB qualify.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

They all know it's a fake.

G.

• fulano
    fulano

You don't know.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

On the other hand I think even Raymond Franz took a long time to reject the organisation outright. After all his book is basically an account of his struggle to remain inside the organisation and his eventual expulsion. Even after he left, he still believed a lot of the doctrines, minus the chronology and shunning. So judging by his life course, it seems he really did believe it, even as he was trying to reform JWs, so it’s not a huge leap to assume that most GB members are true believers.

From what I’ve read, the most sceptical GB members may have been the likes of Swingle, Greenlees (who was chucked out) and even president Knorr.

But who really knows? People are complicated and multifarious. No doubt the GB has included the whole range from true believers to compete cynics. It’s possible that GB members even go through phases of belief and unbelief over their careers.

• blondie
    blondie

Beliefs follow actions. And as the old saying goes, "Actions speak louder than words." In the bible, over and over the jews had to be reminded that they were no longer under the law, it was hard for them to leave that behind (now I know some think that is a fairy tale, but it is what the GB/jws use as their support).

Eventually, I think that the actions inside the WTS makes jws leave more than doctrine. That is what finally convinced Ray Franz, was the actions of the WTS toward him and his friends who he knew to be sincerely living their beliefs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit