I'm looking for the verse that says that shepherds will be like wolves fleecing the fold.

by Tempest in a Teacup 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Tempest in a Teacup
    Tempest in a Teacup

I remember reading it in a forum member's post, somewhere last year or so. The poster said she (I think it's a she) quoted the scripture to one elder and told him that it applied to him. Could you please help me with this verse?

Many thanks in advance.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun
    Don't know whether this is what you are looking for: Try Ezek. 34:1-11.
  • Vidqun
    Vidqun
    First part is the judgment of the shepherds. If you keep on reading, there's a judgment between fat sheep and lean sheep, as well as goats [20], which is also quite interesting.
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

Lots of wolves about!

(Ezekiel 22:27) "Her princes in her midst are like wolves tearing prey; they shed blood and kill people to make dishonest gain."

(Matthew 7:15) “Be on the watch for the false prophets who come to you in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves.

(Acts 20:29, 30) I know that after my going away oppressive wolves will enter in among you and will not treat the flock with tenderness, 30 and from among you yourselves men will rise and speak twisted things to draw away the disciples after themselves.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The WTS became a world wide billion dollar organization/publishing house by selling and propagating spurious lies and false bible interpretations, preaching a tainted commercialized Gospel.

Try and deny that if you can !

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    The Searcher17 minutes agoLots of wolves about!
    (Ezekiel 22:27) "Her princes in her midst are like wolves tearing prey; they shed blood and kill people to make dishonest gain."

Good find Searcher. Although I don't believe in god or the bible, I have to say this scripture fits the Governing body of Jehovah's witnesses to a tee!

The GB are heartless, overfed, stuffed pigs that protect paedophiles (and probably have paedophile/s in their number). They intimidate people to die because of an unreasonable prohibition on blood, based on yet another out of context scripture. People have committed suicide because the GB enforce inhuman shunning.

They've done it all for dishonest gain, money and power.

I wish to see the demise of the Governing body and their trial for crimes against humanity. I hope they face the death penalty.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I quoted to one kind elder that the rest of the body were in danger of becoming like

Acts 20:29

"I know that after my going away, there will come oppressive wolves into your midst who will not treat the flock with tenderness "

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Shepherds, wolves... either way, the sheep gets eaten.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What does become interesting into human psychological behavior is when men start reading the bible they start to think about absorbing the power of the Almighty God for and toward themselves, a perceived and perhaps exploitable commodity.

The other established power players like the rest of Christendom were putting forth a false and tainted product, we on the other hand have something pure and honest. C T Russell came to fame by being accepted and acknowledged as a true and accurate interpreter of the bible and its writings.

This is how the WTS. particularly under Rutherford marketed himself to the public. The proclamation that Christ had returned and is now searching for true followers to save from the destruction of Armageddon, lured and coerced people to become a regulated slave to the WTS. and its contrived false commercialized doctrines.

The WTS. and its leaders like C T Russell and J Rutherford gained followers by virtue of those men selling their theological ideas to the public through advertised pubic talks, with books and magazines to be sold after the talk.

Nevertheless the focus was on them, the attention they received was out of people's curiosity and the basic outward belief in the bible, as a kind of true possible spiritual connection to God himself.

Unfortunately the real and actual result is that they were abasing themselves in a connection to mere men and their will and purpose, which for them was the continuing proliferation of the literature they published.

• JustVisting
    JustVisting
    I believe you are thinking of Zephaniah 3:3 that talks about the judges (elders) being wolves in the night; ...do not leave even a bone to gnaw until the morning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit