Jehovah's Witnesses always assume that I'm an inactive JW because I couldn't follow their rules

by Not_Culty 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Not_Culty
  • zeb
    zeb

every so often my wife says about me being 'inactive'. I know by what she come out with she is getting leaned on at the kh...

and all the people pictured look like so many jw i have known heavy in the eyes from a lack of sleep.. too many meetings perhaps?

• Not_Culty
    Not_Culty

I.m sorry but anyone who thinks an elite intelligent being needs human go betweens to communicate is delusional .

• Incognito
    Incognito

In an indoctrinated JW's mind, there can never be anything wrong with the religion or organization. As such, they can only speculate and accept the reason you are not attending is, there is something wrong with you or that you are too touchy and easily stumbled.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Brilliant!

Love it!

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

I love how every paradise picture ends up looking dated. For instance, in this picture Armageddon obviously came in the early '90s.

• truthlover123
    truthlover123

Pictures like these and the destruction that is drilled into everyone - including kids.. leave those who are emotionally sensitive with a lot of PTSD issues as they mature.. Its not that noticeable as your kids are growing up but actions and verbal questioning on the part of children show that there is confusion and fear and nightmares that stay for years. The stress and anxiety causes many emotional and health issues that just do not go away.

This type of torture was eminated back in the early 1900's - expounded on with experimentation in concentration camps and continues today - for those who are MATURE (older) and come into the org, this is not an issue, BUT being a kid brought up and drilled in this stuff, now ThAT is a whole different issue. The child carries this for life and feels guilty if they question God plus leaving the org is a trauma many would not understand until they leave themselves.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

I was labeled “Inactive” when I started to skip meetings after knowing TTATT. Words like these are cult terminologies to scare and coerce you to follow their orders without questioning.

Don’t fall for it. This advise is for people who are PIMO, reading this.

• blondie
    blondie

Inactive is a term that refers only to not turning in time for 6 months consecutively. Many jws confuse that with meeting attendance. You can attend all the meetings but not turn in time for six months consecutively and still be considered inactive. Interestingly to me, a friend has not attended meetings for several years but still does informal witnessing and turns in his time to the elder that comes by to get his time...haha. They take it and report, despite his not attending.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Not to change the subject:

But Blondie, I must say that I've always thought the picture in your avatar was Blondie, body facing left, wearing a backless/strapless dress, head turned looking over her left shoulder. Now I realize she is fully facing straight, but leaning at an angle. I need to rethink everything lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit