J.W.'s reliance on Matthew 24:14

by The Fall Guy 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Nowhat? ,has the perfect point in my opinion that the JWs do not preach the good news of the Kingdom. Jesus said he was the Kingdom and the apostles preached him and Paul said the good news of the Kingdom is Christ 1 Corinthians chapter 15 . JWs preach another message altogether! JWs go in to preach that it's a kingdom and their it , their leaders are the rulers of this kingdom and the Kingdom is their organization and if your not apart of it your dead. This is apostasy!!!!!

But then again I don't believe the Bible an inspired word of god.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

What exactly in a nutshell is "This good news of the Kingdom" ? that Jesus spoke about , and have the IBSA/Jehovahs Witnesses always preached it consistently ?

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Smiddy3 - The Greek word βασιλεία translated as 'kingdom' at Matthew 24:14, means any/all of the following;

royal power, kingship, dominion, rule,

not to be confused with an actual kingdom but rather the right or authority to rule over a kingdom,

of the royal power of Jesus as the triumphant Messiah,

of the royal power and dignity conferred on Christians in the Messiah's kingdom,

a kingdom, the territory subject to the rule of a king,

used in the N.T. to refer to the reign of the Messiah. (Strong's Interlinear)

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

@ Bobcat - Good one, thanks for that.I'll add it to my file.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

This generation will not pass away.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/killing-jesus/articles/how-did-the-apostles-die/

The good news began to be preached 2000+ years ago, and if I am correct it continued to be preached after 70 AD. Then according to wt, another good news of the kingdom or a continuation began to be preached circa 1914 for 103 years and going. In the minds of JW it is challenging to reconcile why the end has not come with heaven and earth stil around -no loss of faith though. It is hard to believe though that the preaching will last another 10 years using 1914 as a reference. Using 1914 as a reference, the party is over and the fat lady should be singing at any moment. If the fat lady doesn't sing any time soon, and I mean within days or months or so, then "Houston, we have a problem." - But that's only how I see it. Something has to give.

• NJ501
    NJ501

This post helps me reduce the abnormal fear I have of the future.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Hi Fall Guy,

If you are interested take a look at my posts on this thread (on another site), and especially this post which tries to show how Mt 24:14 and Mt 24:31 complement each other. (Mt 24:14 fulfilled before the Roman-Jewish War; Mt 24:31 afterwards.)

• waton
    waton

Wt links the preaching of Math. 24:14, and the disciple making in all nations, as in Math 28, witnessing to distant parts of the Earth ( Acts 1:8) and "Hastening the day" to keep jws active in the field, now expected to be a joy until 2075.

Jws are now preach the kingdom established in 1914. Jesus did not know anything about that. How do expect him to have mentioned it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit