Questions JWs Ask: Mike from Greece wants to know...

by Funchback 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Funchback
    Funchback

Mike from Greece is a member of a pro-JW forum (message board).

The JW religion has so many rules so Mike wants to clarify some correct procedures.

What woud you like to know, Mike?

A couple of questions dear brothers & sisters of the forum about women's head coverings
    1)Should it be considered wrong for a sister to wear a head covering during the meetings? I have seen some old sisters, one in our congregation and a couple in other two that like wearing head coverings during the meetings. They say that since they feel better before Jehovah by wearing them it's ok. But some other sisters who don't wear a covering say about these old sisters they are "too strict". What can be done in a situation like this?
    2) I felt very annoyed when in a recent "get together" with some brothers and sisters, a sister started sharing experiences with us and some scriptures she liked(she actually analysed the highlights of certain passages. It seemed to me like she was trying to "teach" in the way she talked. Would it better for her to wear a covering in her head since the majority of the friends invited to the "get together" were brothers? What would you think dear friends? Please share your comments.
  • schnell
    schnell
    1)Should it be considered wrong for a sister to wear a head covering during the meetings? I have seen some old sisters, one in our congregation and a couple in other two that like wearing head coverings during the meetings. They say that since they feel better before Jehovah by wearing them it's ok. But some other sisters who don't wear a covering say about these old sisters they are "too strict". What can be done in a situation like this?

Mike from Greece doesn't have to do anything. If she wants to wear something on her head, let her.

2) I felt very annoyed when in a recent "get together" with some brothers and sisters, a sister started sharing experiences with us and some scriptures she liked(she actually analysed the highlights of certain passages. It seemed to me like she was trying to "teach" in the way she talked. Would it better for her to wear a covering in her head since the majority of the friends invited to the "get together" were brothers? What would you think dear friends? Please share your comments.

Now Mike from Greece wants to do something because she doesn't have something on her head. Maybe question the source and ask why the Bible is so misogynist. Maybe ask if Paul actually wrote that, why they were written, and thus call into question how these scriptures developed and became canon. You'll only find out that they were written by people for political reasons.

• freddo
    freddo

Mike from Greece sounds a right wanker.

• Simon
    Simon

LOL, is that for real? How about ...

1. It really depends on the sister. If she's pretty, she should not wear any covering. If she's really ugly though then a burka should be suggested. In an emergency, any piece of thick cloth could be used.

2. First of all, what were brothers and sisters doing in the same room? You should all be df'd for it immediately! The mouthy sister that thinks she knows things should be df'd, then re-instated, then df'd again just to teach her a valuable biblical lesson - keep yer mouth shut love, let us men tell you what to do.

• Londo111
    Londo111

The JW answer would be: write a letter to HQ and ask them for direction and the final answer.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

Dear Mike,

Do you know what a Pharisee is?

(Sarcasm)

PS When a brother comes into the KM wearing a beard do you beat him

with a rod when the sisters ask you to?

:0)

• steve2
    steve2

In JWdom, as in both religious and worldly organizations alike, it's a man's man's man's world.

I hope Mike addressed his officious questions to men and that, in the interests of patriarchy, only men answered.

• tepidpoultry
    tepidpoultry

I noticed a reference to an online JW forum

Note

Sisters must at all times wear a Bubushka

When discussing Watch Tower issues while baptized Bros are online

(You realize that these sites are monitored by Headquarters right?)

You may order your officially registered Bubushka online or at a

TrolleyTM near you

:0)

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Old sisters have never worn head coverings in meetings. Mike from GREECE needs to get to know his own culture a bit more since the old dears behaviour is a hang over from their Babylonish Orthodox upbringing where women traditionAlly wear hats or headscarfs to CHURCH.

• ZAPPA-ESQUE
    ZAPPA-ESQUE

freddo ""Mike from Greece sounds a right wanker.""

Just a small correction......Mike is left handed !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit