wt and money

by zeb 30 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

zeb, I found it to be true from a jw that participated in this WT program and saw WT representatives present this "requirement" and he saw it collected as well. Having jw relatives in the area, he was privy to the process from someone who experienced that.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    and you should see what they spend on relief' was her hissed reply.

Just this week I saw a JW claim that Watchtower spends about 40 million USD per year on disaster relief. He tried to make JW look positive by doing so. I asked him to provide a source for his claim but so far no answer.

Assuming he's right, Watchtower spends almost nothing of the money they take in on disaster relief.

They spend more on paying of victims of abuse than they do on disaster relief.

They take in billions each year worldwide. And they spend 40M on disaster relief?

Lol.

I'd ask your wife just how much do they spend on relief works? She appears to know....

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Dobt forget that relief mostly is coordinated from nearby congregations. the old loving arrangement to participate

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

What convention is this zeb and where is it held ? Just curious .what part of Aussie?

• carla
    carla

ugh, aside from the money part then you have to wait for the extreme dubbiness to wear off after a convention.

• blondie
    blondie

I found even as a PIMI that most jws I asked for specific things they heard or learned from the convention/meeting/talk, they would get that deer-in-the-headlights look and just say some general statement that could fit any WT event. Or worse yet, "it was all wonderful." They had no idea, nothing that stuck out in their minds.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I found even as a PIMI that most jws I asked for specific things they heard or learned from the convention/meeting/talk, they would get that deer-in-the-headlights look and just say some general statement that could fit any WT event. Or worse yet, "it was all wonderful." They had no idea, nothing that stuck out in their minds.

Most JW's are there for the social network. Most are JW's simply because Mom & Dad are/were JW's and it's "that Old Time Religion" for them. Most JW's know NOTHING about what they believe.

• blondie
    blondie

DOC

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

DOC: I must be an anamoly then, coz I would repeat points, illustrations, experiences that I so enjoyed ! Really.

Boy something is seriously wrong with my brain!

But then again , now I cant even remember bible verses, songs (I am not regretting it though).I suppose I am healing myself quicker than one would think!

I am very Happy.

Zing

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

DOC: I must be an anamoly then, coz I would repeat points, illustrations, experiences that I so enjoyed ! Really.

Boy something is seriously wrong with my brain!

But then again , now I cant even remember bible verses, songs (I am not regretting it though).I suppose I am healing myself quicker than one would think!

I am very Happy.

Zing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit