October Surprise?

by kairos 19 Replies latest jw friends

• kairos
    kairos

Why the anticipation?

"No one knows the day or hour", I thought?

I knew this very mentally unstable JW woman years ago. She would get so hyped up for Harm-you-gettin', that she would find herself committed to the sanitarium near annually.

We looked after her two pre-teen children for a couple weeks during one of her episodes.
    They all shun me now...

Love to hear some of your October or seasonal JW real life fantasy moments!

• username
    username
    Didn't they Hunt for it?
  • Simon
    Simon
    That was the red one.
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    Especially when the October wind with frosty fingers punishes my hair...
  • One_day
    One_day
    Back in the day, my wife's (before I met her) congregational servent would gather the young'ns together and teach survival skills and have back packs ready for the day they would have to run to the mountains.
  • jws
    jws

I heard it was supposed to be in September and I just got through laughing at those crazies. Then I heard Oct 8th. And here we are at Oct 9th.

It's getting to be there's a new end-of-world prophecy every week. It's as bad as school shootings.

I think we need legislation on Bibles. There should be a 7 day waiting period and a background check before you can get one. No more freebies in your hotel room. If you're crazy, you can't get a bible.

Maybe that will help stop some of these crazy doomsday prophecies.

• username
    username
    Oh yeah Simon I forgot ;)
  • smiddy
    smiddy

There are two -time periods a year when J.W.`s get all excited about the big "A" , they seem to forget that the " Great Tribulation " is supposed to precede that.

And they are The time of the memorial , March/April...... and early October , apart from any other time of the year when some great disaster or Catastrophy occurs .

smiddy

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    I think we need legislation on Bibles. There should be a 7 day waiting period and a background check before you can get one. No more freebies in your hotel room. If you're crazy, you can't get a bible.
    Maybe that will help stop some of these crazy doomsday prophecies.

JWS thats the funniest and truest thing I've heard all week!

• One_day
    One_day

We must remember that the cry of peace and security must come before the end.

I fully expect this peace to be fully recognisable. How will we recognise this peace? Probably because there will be considerable peace and security before the declaration is made.

So when we have this peace that will be the time to declare the end is nigh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit