Botany Bay????

by SheilaM 14 Replies latest watchtower bible

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

No, really I am thinking of taking Botany has anyone taken it in college? Also is there any math. I hope not because including Math with flowers, plants and fungie would be a crime

• Stan Conroy
    Stan Conroy

Wasn't Botany Bay the name of Khan's ship in the original Star Trek episode that introduced the character?

Stan

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Stan , "Botany bay" was the name of Khans Craft when he was exiled. Reminiscent of Botany Bay, Australia,where the convicts were exiled. An interesting book is "The Fatal Shore" , a comprehensive history of Australian penal colonies. More violent than any Scorsesy movie with Robert DeNiro. More shocking and awful than any stephen King novel could concieve. And all true.

• refiners fire
    refiners fire

Now Botany Bay I dont know much about, But Mac Quarie Harbour in Tasmania, thats a place Ive been to. Unquestionably the creepiest place Ive ever been, That whole region is creepy, I went for a walk by the Franklyn River down there in Tasmanias West. Totally Eerie. I had to get OUT of there Too many spirits of the suffering dead in that place.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Stan: Yepper

Refiners fire: Wow, I didn't realize where the origins came from thanks

Anyone take Botany though?

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha
    Too many spirits of the suffering dead in that place.

I've wondered about that. An entire race was wiped out in Tasmania, perhaps the only successful genocide in human history. Every action has an opposite reaction, and I've wondered what it is for this island.

• Swan
    Swan

Sorry Shelia, no.

But getting back to the Botany Bay, if you stop and think about it this website is just like the historic ship, metaphorically speaking. Exiled and sent off, we have journeyed to find a new community together here.

Tammy

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    But getting back to the Botany Bay, if you stop and think about it this website is just like the historic ship, metaphorically speaking. Exiled and sent off, we have journeyed to find a new community together here.

Wow !!! Tammy, that was deep!! I almost cried. However, it looks as if none of us can answer Sheilas' question. Sorry about that Sheila, but great post anyway. Bug

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Damn, I hijacked my own thread LOL

I still can't eat McRibs they look to much like the earwig Kahn put in their ears YUCK

• Swan
    Swan

I'm glad you liked it Bug. When I first saw the title of Shelia's thread that's what came to mind. It all of a sudden hit me that we are on the Botany Bay figuratively. Then I got into this thread and realized it was about botany. Sorry for helping you to hijack your own thread, Shelia.

Hmmm. Throw another 191 pages of BS into this thought about the literal Botany Bay foreshadowing the figurative Botany Bay and we'll have a book. We could start our own cult...

Naw!

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit