"It Came At The Right Time"!

by Stephanus 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

From the back of the July 8, 2002 Awake!:

alt

Here is my rewritten version of the above letter to Bethel, reflecting my own experiences in this area:

"I lost my beloved daughter, Rachel, in death to asthma on January 14, 1998. More than a month later, I had still not recovered from the shock, numbness, emptiness, and disbelief of one of the most terribly traumatic tragedies that has ever befallen me. Then in February a woman calling herself one of Jehovah's Witnesses handed me a copy of your publication When Someone You Love Dies. She then proceeded to insult my wife and me over our belief that our daughter is now in Heaven. The ensuing punch up need not be recounted here, but I must ask you to from now on refrain from sending your helpful literature here via your tactful missionaries. Failing that, stick it up your arse!

"Sincerely yours, Stephanus"

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Have I been DFed in absentia? That might explain the shunning my last two threads have received...

• Robdar
    Robdar

Stephanus

I do not think that anybody is shunning ya. I know that I'm not. I am just not on as often anymore. How ya going under there?

Love,

Robyn

• Jayson
    Jayson

I'd buy ya a beer or a meal anytime guy.

Jay

• blondie
    blondie

Hi Stephanus,

I wonder if an angel directed this person to this man?

Blondie

• SYN
    SYN

Why is the man in the photo giving the other man an ENGLISH magazine? Minor nitpick, but important nonetheless! Don't worry Stephanus, you're not being shunned!

• onacruse
    onacruse

Steph:

the shunning my last two threads have received...

hehe, that's actually a sign of respect, don't ya know. Most of my threads die a short and inglorious death...but, what the hell, I have fun putting them up anyway

btw, sorry about your kitty. Katie and I just "inherited" a stray...showed up on our patio, looks to be only a few months old. They sure have a way of vying into the heart, eh?

Yeah, I know, this has nothing to do with your thread...but at least I posted back to ya! LOL

Craig

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

An Emporer shunned? - perish the thought. You're the thinking mans heretic.

cheeses. Happy to share a thread with the empirical stephanus.

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

I wonder how much a WSYLD mag. costs in Nigeria...about a month's income?

Spanner

• azaria
    azaria

One JW lady that I used to work with sent her former employer (I’ll call her Jane) that brochure "When Someone You Love Dies" when her brother passed away last summer. When I met this JW lady she asked if Jane had received this brochure because she had dropped it off at the front desk but not bothering to give Jane condolances in person. When I told her that Jane did receive the brochure, this person couldn’t understand why Jane didn’t call her back. She was very upset about this. Jane had just lost her brother; I’m sure she was going to give this lady a call to thank her for the brochure. Apparantly her brother was not a religious man - so I’m sure this comforted Jane tremendously - honestly I don’t believe she even read it, just chucked it in the garbage. This JW lady thinks she is a very compassionate person. She told me so herself.

I get very angry with people of any religion that spew? their own beliefs on another when someone has passed away. When my brother-in-law passed away 6 years ago, one neighbour of mine told me when I was in the line-up at the visitation that their church didn’t have closed caskets; they were always open. My brother-in-law died of cancer and his children wouldn’t have been able to handle it being open. It was hard enough for them that they had lost their dad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit