COBE Arrested For Child Abuse

by freemindfade 43 Replies latest members private

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Anyone wanting to know any details about who and where this was please PM me.
  • JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I wish we'd have a big news item about how a vast underground movement of JWs, one in every congregation, released their records of alleged child abuse to local authorities to investigate. Wouldn't it be cool if all the elders who knew ttatt just turned them in to cops or cps?

That's a campaign to get involved with.

• Giordano
    Giordano

It speaks volumes to me. They act like it's a sin and can be forgiven when it's a crime and should be aired out public.

More proof that one can never trust a door knocking JW more proof that JW's should never leave a child alone with any brother.

Any information about the victim? Age and how it was discovered?

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

How could we get a law about making it mandatory for churches/religions to denounce their accused child molesters and spouse abusers to the local authorities?

Has this been tried before?

How about as punishment to churches/religions that do not comply to have their tax exemption taken away?

SL

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Well the situation is under extreme protection from those I have reached out to. Clearly its very embarrassing. No one will say who the family or families are that were victims. I understand the privacy part, but I feel more than that at this point they just want it to go away and vanish so they can stop having painful CD about this thing.
  • cha ching
    cha ching
    Noted
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Also it should be noted, I did not contact anyone to wag my finger at them or the witnesses, I genuinely wanted to know the truth and offer my condolence for the situation and support to any who needed it, not using it to hit anyone over the head. And still I am met with a hostile attitude as if I was.
  • tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd

In the US, some states have it as law that they have to turn child abusers in. Hopefully all states will eventually pass this law. Some states have a law excusing confessional priests from turning in an abuser, but that doesn't apply to JWs as those laws typically state that the confession has to be given to one priest only. Since JW committees are made up of three elders, those laws don't apply.

We really should support any movements that are requiring churches to turn in known abusers.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Well I imagine the victims turned this in, and from what I gather its been taking a while to sort out, that means elders first (optional) cops second in typical JW fashion
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

FMF, Through all this, there was no concern, or sympathy for the victim, in fact that part of it all was completely absent.

Let's review: It's a cult!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit