Need Support Tonight

by Charmed 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Francois
    Francois

When some people get into arguments they have no restraint; they'll say anything regardless of how much it might hurt. You guys are pretty young and I suspect that constraint is not one of your long suits at this point in your life. By my lights, your husband hit you below the belt. That was uncalled for, and I wonder how long you will remember and simmer on that remark? A long time I'll bet, and you'll add other remarks like it to that one and another and another until the resentment builds up so large, it looms bigger than the love that you once felt. Better stop this snowball effect right now before it ruins everything.

francois

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

Trouble is when you have an argument you tend to say things you dont mean ! being a bloke I know that after you have said it, it is hard to go back on it, but you said he apologised so thats even better. Yeah its upsetting and it would hurt me but we all say things in anger, dont beat yourself up too much about it, its probably the first thing that came into his mind.

((((((((HUG))))))))

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Hey darlin...boy, Id be rich if I had a dime for every time ugly remarks like that have been made to me by my JW husband when he was mad. I disassociated in 1997, and every time somebody treats me badly (ie his JW relatives) or something bad happens in my life immediately its "Well you LEFT Jehovah..you DESERVE this...or...You brought this on YOURSELF so dont B*TCH about what you asked for!" type thing. I tell you what tho...submissive and sub SERVIANT are NOT the same thing. I do NOT work for or under my husband, not in this world or the next. And he and your husband have to learn like RIGHT now...that comments like that will not be tolerated. They will NOT go unnoticed and they will NOT be forgotten. Because I probably know more about this Organization than my husband ever will, he cannot throw JW doctrine at me...but he knows they can do whatever the hell they want to to me unabashedly with no reservations about how it hurts me...but he CANNOT and it wont be allowed.

Doctor Phil says "You TEACH people how to treat you" so if you continue to allow this to happen, even when it hurts you so deeply...he will continue to do it. Stand up now babe...or it will happen again.

hugs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit