What's changed since I left in 2006?

by Jehovah lol 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

They use iPads instead of a bible. Door to door is for the weaker ones with their ipad while the spiritual Strong's ones get to sit near Wt.carts and watch people walk by. The GB are rock stars in their own mind. Everyone listens to a TV broadcast every month by the GB. Higer Education is still evil. Begging for Money is a big thing for them. All those child abuse cases are costing them a lot. By the way Armageddon is almost here. There is also a lot of singing and dancing in the kingdom Hall. That's all I can think of now. Nice hearing from you. Still Totally ADD

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

What changed since 2006? Don't trust apostates for the answer to that one! Best bet would be for you to go back an attend your old book study group. They'll tell you what's changed over tea and cake in a cosy informal setting.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Well, it’s still a cult!

• JRK
    JRK

sbf,

You bad boy! There is no Book Study anymore, they folded it into the CLAM (Chistian Life and Ministry) midweek meeting. There are only 2 meeting days a week now.

JK

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho

Is anyone else like me.... that so much has changed you wouldn’t even know where to begin?

setiously, so much has changed that anyone under 20 wouldn’t even know what you were talking about if you mentioned generation of 1914 or 1975 or types/antitypes or revelation grand climax or F&DS

we used to hate the internet now we LOVE the internet

We used to read BOOKS and get new books at assemblies and have book studies at peoples houses and have 3 meetings a week!

How can you explain what’s changed when nothing is left of what hasn’t?

• Jehovah lol
    Jehovah lol

They've dropped the faithful and discreet slave? But that was one of their core beliefs 😕

• freddo
    freddo

No. The F&DS is no longer the "remnant" of the 144,000. It's now ONLY the Governing Body.

Here's the time line.

2007 WT QFR opened the door slightly for newly anointed. Loads rushed through and partakers increased from about 10,000 to 18,000. So in about 2012 or 2014 the FDS was taken from them and given only to the GB.

Someone else can explain the Overlapping Generations ...

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    JLOL - They've dropped the faithful and discreet slave? But that was one of their core beliefs 😕

Only the 7 rock star popes in Warwick are the F&DS(tm). The anointed(tm) are now viewed as either bonkers or of no value.

In 2010 they decided that because armageddon(tm) wasn't here that the generations(tm) were overlapping(tm). They didn't get 1914 wrong, apparently,

Now the focus is totally on money, with threats to the local elders(tm) from the CO(tm) if the congregations(tm) don't send enough dosh to the popes.

The whole focus on doctrine has died a death. Jobos don't know what they believe anymore apart from giving money.

It's a totally different cult to the one I left in 2010.

They are being ravaged by paedophile lawsuits. The odd individual case that the press keeps printing about is sending them more into weirdo cult mode.

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

freddo the overlapping generations is like this for most of us when reaching middle age our bellies start to swell due to no exercise and eating to much. So overlapping occurs with our bellies now for others that overlapping becomes so great you can't see your feet or your back side any more. That is the true overlapping generations where you can't see the end. Still Totally ADD

• Jehovah lol
    Jehovah lol

The 'remnant' numbers going up sounds hilarious. As for the overlapping generations, if I'd still been in when that one was spun then I'm sure it would have tipped me off. The reason I left initially in 2006 was because I realised that 'the happiest people on Earth' were all miserable. Other than that I still believed some of it, but by 2009 I was full on atheist. These days I'm more or less ambivalent about everything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit