a part of ourselves we neglected

by rodnico 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Duncan
    Duncan

What things do I now do, that I didn’t before when I was In The Truth?

I’m afraid to say that the Society has got this one dead right. Since I stopped associating with Jehovah’s People in their Spiritual Paradise, I have given myself over to wickedness, every sort of unclean thing, unwholesome sexual practices, violence and crime.

I regularly rob banks and beat up old ladies. I lie and cheat and, of course, never wash.

I smoke, constantly take drugs and I’m in and out of prison. My life is utterly wretched and I dine at the table of demons. I worship Satan, and strangely enough, I, too, have begun to cultivate Irises (expect to see a Watchtower article about that soon)

Duncan..

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

dredged

The only thing b4 I really, really realized the JWs were full of it was that I wanted to do if I made it to the New Kingdom, was to visit what was once China and see Panda bears. (It was told to me that there would no longer be countries, so that's why I said "once was China").

Luckily, I saw the light, and it sure wasn't JW "new light". I went to China in 2000. Been here for 2 years. Last summer I saw Panda bears in sichuan province...had my photo taken with one and the damn thing tried to eat my sunglasses.

I also saw the old Water/Flood control project -- the 2,200 year old Dujiayuan. It still works, but not for much longer. In China, a great way to get promoted up the civil serivce ranks to propose a colossial water/hydrolectric dam project. So somebody proposed building a huge dam 7 or 9 kilometers upriver from the Dujiayuan and then a second, but smaller dam downstream 700 meters away. So, in a few years time the area will be flooded over.

Just imagine if I had stayed in the dubs and would have dedicated myself to the pioneer schtick, I would have missed out on these things.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I gave up so many dreams to be a JW that I didn't really have any about the new system other than animals. I knew there would be a lot of work cleaning up and turning the earth into a paradise but figured that for a while at least we might be living in communes and I would wind up cooking or teaching the women how to cook and sew all that domestic stuff that I hate but the teaching part I liked.

After I left I picked up all those lost dreams like going to university and having a career. And I have learned some new skills that I enjoy that I never even thought about before.

• mommy1
    mommy1

As a kid JW I never had just plain old fun. Now as an exJW adult I try to have fun and enjoy my kids. Go to Girl Scout meetings with daughter and yes, even buy,sell and eat Girl Scout Cookies.

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

Eatin Girl Scout cookies...eeeeew! Oh well, the chocolate-covered mint cookies weren't so bad.

• mommy1
    mommy1

Funny thing my stepmother JW even bought a couple boxes of cookies. Maybe I should turn her in to the Elders.

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

Hey, Mommy1, invite her to a lingerie party, like plmcrzy used to do, and the corruption will be complete.

• truman
    truman

Having been a witness from the time I was a naive 19 year old till last year in my mid 40s, I certainly do agree that are parts of myself which I neglected, but I am seeking to rectify that with each passing day.

Living for an always just-out-of-reach paradise, and putting all ones ambitions on hold waiting for it, leaves an emptiness inside. In many ways, I feel like I am back at the threshhold of my life where I was when I was sidetracked by the WTS at age 19. Unfortunately, my physical self is somewhat out of sync with my psychological side, but I am doing the best I can.

I always wanted to pursue figure skating, and last fall, I found a coach and began doing it. I can do a couple of small jumps and am working on a spin. I love it!

truman

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

Along with Comf, I often think of this line from the James Bond movie "The World Is Not Enough":

Whats the point in living if you cant feel alive?

Boozy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit