New GB update - beards are now perfectly ok (no really!)

by FFGhost 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"Further more, with the passing of time, the governing body have noticed that...... "

By Christ they are quick on the uptake...... NOT !

I pointed this out when I grew a beard in 1975 ! That respected people in responsible positions wore a beard in Europe, and around the World, but the parochial vision of the G.B has only just realised it, nearly 50 years later !

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    Does this apply to sisters too? ~ Stan

Not sure about beards, but a mustache was never banned for sisters. In our old Cong, there was always old Sister Giocletti who sat in the back row. As a teenager, I was always jealous of her mustache.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

The change in Lett's appearance is alarming to say the least. I was totally distracted from the BS he was spewing.

• jwundubbed
    jwundubbed

My father started wearing a beard when I was a kid. He wasn't allowed to be a ministerial servant. He wore the beard in protest because it wasn't a scripturally sound rule and all the people in the bible wore beards. He was 'marked' and people judged the hell out of him. My dad is POMO and has been for a while. I called him to see what his reaction is, but he didn't pick up. I'll be interested to find out what he thinks of this new light.

Since when does what is reasonable by people in the world have any bearing on what is reasonable in the JWs??? So weird.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit