Witnesses and Dating (An Essay)

by SYN 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gopher
    Gopher

SYN,

OOOOH-- you missed a real beauty in the old book "Your Youth--Getting the Best out of it" (or getting the Heck out of it, I used to say).

The one point that stands out to me from that tome is the dangers of masturbation!!! That book revealed that lonely sex play can lead to...yes that's right... HOMOSEXUALITY!! OH my God!!

• sandy
    sandy

That book revealed that lonely sex play can lead to...yes that's right... HOMOSEXUALITY!! OH my God!!

Oh my God! is right. How stupid is that? I didn't turn out a lesbian.

Maybe the WT will allow masturbation if sisters promise to play only with dildos

and

brothers promise to............(i don't know somebody help me) look at playboy mags while playing with themselves... LOL

• born againer
    born againer

Hi SYN, as you can tell I'm new. Thought I'd return the hello

I don't think my ex's mum thought I was dependable. I reckon she thought I was the devil come to take her lovely son away!!!!

• Xena
    Xena

Great more repressed memories surging to the forefront after reading this...when I wake screaming in the night I will think of you SYN..lol but I bet you hear that a lot

Chaperones...where to find them??? The eternal quest for a third wheel. We used to use this poor sister that wanted SO BADLY to have a boyfriend, I felt so sorry for her tagging along with us...moping about cause we had each other....yea good times don't ya know But we did manage a time or two to ditch the caperone..and my oh my did we enjoy those times

Course everyone knows once you start the actual "dating" process you are pretty much obligated to marry that person..and I don't know about anyone elses hall but we went thru a time where if you were engaged you were considered married (see scriptures on Mary and Joseph for reference please) and there was NO breaking up from that point without some serious consequences!

lol I needed to get dating instructions from a friend when I started dating again recently....sad but true!

• liquidsky
    liquidsky
    I do remember going along with my sister and her husband while they were dating.

Ahhh yes, I remember having to go along on dates with my older sister and her boyfreind. I had to wait in the front seat of the car while they were humping in the backseat.

• SYN
    SYN

Matty: Thanks! That sounds like exactly the sort of thing the Elders would have tried their damndest to prevent during OUR Conventions (damn them)...

Unique1: Geez, thank Ghod I didn't grow up in North Carolina (although I haven't a clue what it's like there)...sounds pretty rough. Yeah, it was kinda weird the way that chaperones are considered a bit of an "optional extra" here. That must be a result of the Dutch bloodline LMAO, as I've mentioned before our ancesters left Amsterdam because they were feeling sexually repressed

Ashitaka: Yeah, those stripey shirts are kick-arse. Nothing like a nice striped shirt to get you some attention from a woman. Not the type of attention one would want, but some attention is better than none at all, especially if you're a young Witness boy LMAO...reading that book is like travelling back in time or something, sheesh! It's one of the things I remember most clearly about it. Screw doctrinal issues, I remember the way those poor dudes were toffed up in shirts that made them resemble barber's poles!!!

Sandy: Not an uncommon occurance in any Congregation, let me assure you!

Undercover: Your punishment is to drink at least three sixpacks of beer in one go, or perhaps imbibe at least sixteen shots of good Tequila. After that, with Ghod's blessing, you'll definitely be an Apostate in Good Standing.

Gopher: Hehehehe! If that was right, well...let's just say I wouldn't page through Maxim magazines all that much LOL...

Sandy:

brothers promise to............(i don't know somebody help me) look at playboy mags while playing with themselves... LOL

People who need magazines are lacking in imagination!

Born Againer:

I don't think my ex's mum thought I was dependable. I reckon she thought I was the devil come to take her lovely son away!!!!

Sounds good to me! The more devilish the better I say!

Xena:

Great more repressed memories surging to the forefront after reading this...when I wake screaming in the night I will think of you SYN..lol but I bet you hear that a lot

My reply would be slightly different if I weren't being "family friendly", let me assure you. And they don't scream, they moan

Course everyone knows once you start the actual "dating" process you are pretty much obligated to marry that person..and I don't know about anyone elses hall but we went thru a time where if you were engaged you were considered married (see scriptures on Mary and Joseph for reference please) and there was NO breaking up from that point without some serious consequences!

The horror! All the disadvantages of being married with NONE of the advantages! That sucks the big one!

Thanks again for the cool replies people!!!!!!! Made my day!

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

ROFLMAO! This is the funniest damn thing i've read in ages.

“Unclean Thoughts” are what happen when you see a particularly fine specimen of the sex you enjoy looking at the most and you consider what you would like to do with them. If what you have considered doing with them deviates in any way at all from planting a bed of rosebushes while discussing last Sunday’s Watchtower Study, you have just had an Unclean Thought.

Well, then, I'm in trouble, because all those thoughts about what I'd like to do with Hugh Jackman (Logan from the Xmen movies) have nothing to do with planting roses and discussing the Watchtower. LOL.

Some things are just worth the risk of being on the wrong end of a budgie flock at an unspecified time in the near future. ('specially when the risk is actually zero)

• blondie
    blondie

Another form of JW dating

• SYN
    SYN

Glad you liked it Asleif! And I bet Hughe doesn't mind

Technically it's a flock of vultures (their population is multiplying, you know *nudge nudge wink wink*) that you'll be on the wrong end of, but budgies sounded funnier. Believe me, those little birds have a damn sore bite!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit