Geezer JW plows car into crowd of 13 in front of Stanley Theater Assy. Hall

by joe_from_kokomo 24 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Maverick
    Maverick

I sure hope everyone will be ok. The old fellow too. Sometimes the guilt laid on an older person could cause that one to give up and die. I am sure he feels terrible. Older J-duds were never prepared to deal with old age, (the new system was to be here years go remember). They don't handle aging well. Especially the men. Maverick

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    I sure hope everyone will be ok. The old fellow too. Sometimes the guilt laid on an older person could cause that one to give up and die. I am sure he feels terrible.

Would he have felt as terrible if it had been a bunch of people outside a non-Dub Christian convention he'd ploughed through?

• hippikon
    hippikon

JW's often have a do or die attitude towards going to conventions. We all know the stories of Bro & Sis faithfull who crawled for 20 miles on broken glass to get to a convention. We had a couple of elderly sisters in the cong who really shouldn't have been driving. The elders would joke about Angels being assigned to each corner of the car when they went driving - Point is they had several accidents and could have easily killed someone.

BTW. When they finaly did stop driving none of the loving elders never even thought to arrange a ride to the meetings for them and they just stoped going and both died shortly after. (They were the kind that hadn't missed a meeting for 40 years)

• freedom96
    freedom96

Sad to have happened. Older drivers are more prone to driving accidents such as this.

I seriously doubt the Watchtower will help out financially to anyone involved.

• DIM
    DIM

thats true, i doubt the watchtower will pay out anything. on the flipside, if this had happened at a catholic, lutheran, or any other church gathering, i doubt they would pay out. It was an unfortunate situation. I'm sure the people who were injured will be helped out by their respective congregations. I'm pretty much as anti JW as you can be without being a cult member (as I think alot of XJW's are) but come on. Some of these comments are ridiculous.

• LDH
    LDH

Amazingly, if a 'worldly' had run into a JW crowd it would have been rationalized as:

• Satan trying to interfere with the assembly
    • Jehovah testing the faithfulness of the 'brothers'
    • a chance for the family members of the injured to show the importance of being at the assembly by not missing a single session!

However, because a JW ran into the crowd, it will now be rationalized as:

• a chance for the family members of the injured to show the importance of being at the assembly by not missing a single session!

See the foolishness here? I wonder who among them will have the common sense to call it what it was, an accident.

Lisa

Don't miss Hoagies, Class

• Shakita
    Shakita
    They should be made to pass a test beyond a certain age and maybe again at another threshold. We always hear about the young and irresponsible being a danger (and they are) but the old and inept can be just as dangerous.

I agree.

When my Dad reached his seventies, he would not drive at night. He said that his vision and reflexes where impaired in the dark and wouldn't chance driving. He also said that he was going to let his license expire and let other people do the driving from now on because he realized that he was a getting older and had other family members who could help him out. He died before that happened.

I know in my area we have a public senior busing program that helps the elderly get to the store or doctors. This is extremely important for them as it allows them to keep a certain amount of independence as they become more dependent on everyone else as they grow older. If this driver who plowed into the kids in front of the hall had transportation provided for him, this accident would not have happened.

Mrs. Shakita

• Jourles
    Jourles

Pictures from the scene....notice the car he "backed" into. All I can say is, that was one helluva Reverse.

• bk62
    bk62

Amazingly, if a 'worldly' had run into a JW crowd it would have been rationalized as:

However, because a JW ran into the crowd, it will now be rationalized as:

See the foolishness here? I wonder who among them will have the common sense to call it what it was, an accident.

Lisa

Don't miss Hoagies, Class

Great point, Lisa - I would be really interested to hear what is said at the next KH meeting about this issue!!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Very sad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit