District Convention Instructions

by messenger 17 Replies latest jw friends

• hippikon
    hippikon

Or you could say "Didn't you see the eight no parking signs"

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day all,
    A common thought expressed by the R&F is that it doesn't matter if you miss a point at the Dist Conv as it's coming out in a W/T article anyways.

Most go for the association, don't they?

Cheers,

Ozzie

• Thirdson
    Thirdson
    Therefore, resist the urge to turn your head at every noise or movement. Keep your eyes focused on the speaker. Follow along in your copy of the Bible when a scripture is read, and keep your bible open as the text is discussed.

So sister Singleparent's kids will run riot in her row while she keeps her eyes facing front or buried in her Bible. Good advice for parents.

Brother Elderdoright's poor 6 year old son will keep getting threats and then slaps if he looks at sister Singleparent's
    kids running riot three rows in front. Good childcare counsel.

More garbage to be ignored by the R&F just like the other stuff that is ignored if it is ever heard.

Thirdson

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

• Prisca
    Prisca
    Most go for the association, don't they?

I noticed at the last few conventions I attended, that more and more were ignoring the requests to sit down before the sessions started. Most seemed more interested in continuing their conversations with friends, some of whom they may have not seen for some time.

This increasing lack of "obedience" to the speaker's requests was an interesting thing to observe!

• larc
    larc

I am thinking of dropping by at a convention this summer. It's at an indoor convention center with air conditioning, so I won't have to watch children and the elderly passing out.

They will know immediately that I am evil. You see ... I have a beard. I will try to keep a steady gaze, as they suggest. I will keep my eyes on the thighs. (I think that was the advice)
    Larc (of the steady gaze class)

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Hi larc:

I seem to remember it diffently when I was "younger". It was 'keep your eyes on the guys'...and that's what us obedient girls did.

Had Enough

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

larc...

would it be offensive to walk carrying a banner advertising this site?

or just one that said "1975"...........where were you then..."

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

I came across the following quote on "Psychweb":

"The common link between most situations of hypersuggestibility appears to be a narrow selective focus of attention. This is something which seems to result from such diverse conditions as sensory isolation, relaxed attentiveness, and extreme fear. There does not appear to be a single common general EEG pattern in hypersuggestibility, or which makes hypnotized individuals distinguishable from awake ones, though there are hints of possibly unique evoked potential responses during periods of enhanced suggestibility."

Could it be that the JW's are being placed in a state of hypersuggestibility at the assemblies? What's next? Pioneers being instructed to carry pocket watches?
    Pardon me....I have to go now.... I'm getting very sleeeeeepy....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit