Job: Comedy of Justice

by Eyebrow2 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Have any of you read this book?

It is brilliant....and very be very disconcerting for anyone that has been entrenched in a religion, believing theirs is the only "true" religion.....Robert Heinlin's best

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Will only read it if it has plentya pics of nood chics, otherwise it would be more than a comedy of justice - it would be just a joke.

cheeses likes them.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Haven't read it, but I'll check it out....

• ThorBrynjolfson
    ThorBrynjolfson

absolutely brilliant book!!!!!!!

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian

...And after you get through with that one read Heinlein's "Time Enough for Love" especially the "Exerpts from the Notebooks of Lazarus Long" They're ten times funnier ( and wiser ) than the book of Proverbs.

Example: " What are the facts? Again and again and again, what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what 'the stars fortell', avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable 'verdict of history' -what are the facts, and to how many decimal places. You pilot always into an uncertain future; Facts are your only clue. Get the facts!"

Words to live by

Cyrus

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

No pictures...but there are nudies at times....

ooo I will have to check out those other books!

• avishai
    avishai

Great book! I was an AVID reader of Heinlein in my teens, & I truly think his philisophical viewpoint helped me escape the Dubs. Seriously.

• aluminutty
    aluminutty

Yep, I must agree, Job" is one of Heinlein's best. It really does show you how people can be sucked in to a way of thinking, and how whole societys are shaped by that thinking. Soberring. Funnny. Cool! Now I want to read it once again. Makes me think of another Heinlein book worth a read. "The Number of the Beast", also super and thought provoking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit