What Homepage do you have ?

by mattnoel 13 Replies latest jw friends

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

Ok so you know when you click to open Internet Explorer and up pops the homepage of your service or whatever you wish to have there. What do you all have ?

I am on NTLWORLD at the moment but Ntl are not very good so just use their Cable modem, I decided to use Tiscali which was really good but now all of a sudden they have started having pop up adds which is really irritating so I am now shopping for another one. Any suggestions ?

• Simon
    Simon

I use "about:blank" ... it opens very quickly

Seriously, when developing I am always opening and closing windows and it is a lot faster.

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

Cool - thanks Simon,

Anyone else ?

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

I use Yahoo.com. This loads very fast and although there are ads on the page I don't get pop-ups. From that page you can set up your own page with whatever content you like. I have TV listings, headlines, message boards,...etc. Recently it even offered a calculator! I have used Yahoo for 6 years now and wouldn't change unless they do. haha. My husband uses Netscape. I believe that is also one where you can set up your own content.

• rocketman
    rocketman

At work I have Google as my page because it has no ads or pics to slow loading.

• Swan
    Swan

I have a page that I created for my dog (warning: shameless plug!).

http://home.att.net/~tammy.fisher/

Tammy

• qwerty
    qwerty

Mattnoel

I am on Freeserve, freeserve Broadband is good choice but the narrowband service can be slow, depending on your area.

If it were not for staff discount I would have got Broadband from www.force9.net half a meg service at under £20!

qwert

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Slight variation: Yahoo Canada

http://www.yahoo.ca

It's not that much different than the .com site.

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

Yahoo it is then !

Thanks for the pics of the Dogs, Swan - he he cheeky monkey getting that one in there very cute but you need to add a search engine first.

Thanks everyone

• RevMalk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit