Are Birthdays and Christmas celebrations really rooted in Evil????

by bk62 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Room 215
    Room 215

.... and then they turn around (in the April 8, 2003 Awake! Questions from Readers) and say re Hawaiin luaus, something like ``sure it's of pagan religious origin, but no worries! It's real meaning as a religious rite has long since been forgotten and nobody remembers it as anything but a pig-out feast (!?)'

• bk62
    bk62

Hmmm - Adam and Eve were married (right?) - they both sinned - doesn't that mean that people should no longer be married since it leads to sin?? ;-)

• bk62
    bk62
    .... and then they turn around (in the April 8, 2003 Awake! Questions from Readers) and say re Hawaiin luaus, something like ``sure it's of pagan religious origin, but no worries! It's real meaning as a religious rite has long since been forgotten and nobody remembers it as anything but a pig-out feast (!?)'

Room 215 - is this a fact? I will need to try and find that mag - what a contradiction!!!!!

Thank!

• Room 215
    Room 215

Yup, bk, that's the gist of what they said in one of their replies to Questions From Readers..

• searchfothetruth
    searchfothetruth

If you read the first chapter of Job and verse 4 it says:

" And his sons went and held a banquet at the house of each one on his own day; and they sent and invited their three sisters to eat and drink with them. 5. and it would occur that when the banquet days had gone around the circuit, Job would send and sanctify them;"

This sounds like birthdays to me.

But Job was a blameless man. So it couldn't possibly be birthdays could it?

• bk62
    bk62
    Yup, bk, that's the gist of what they said in one of their replies to Questions From Readers..

(the wheels starts spinning....)

So lets talk birthdays here. Has anybody here ever associated birthdays as being a religious holiday? I know I haven't. So they're saying it's ok to celebrate a Hawaain Luaui b/c people have forgotten the paganist-religious origin (I didn't know there was one!) but celebrating birthdays is not Ok - implying that people have *not* forgotten the paganist religious origin. I guess it's because they don't allow their followers to forget it, which is why they point out Bible passages whenever people question their logic.

It just gets better and better - thanks again for your reference!!!!

• bk62
    bk62

SearchoftheTruth,

If you read the first chapter of Job and verse 4 it says:

" And his sons went and held a banquet at the house of each one on his own day; and they sent and invited their three sisters to eat and drink with them. 5. and it would occur that when the banquet days had gone around the circuit, Job would send and sanctify them;"

This sounds like birthdays to me.

But Job was a blameless man. So it couldn't possibly be birthdays could it?

I think that passage must have been referring to a Hawaiin Luau!!! :) But wait a minute - pork isn't clean, so I guess not...but the WT says it's ok right?

• Francois
    Francois

Are these celebrations rooted in evil? No!

Are they a good way to rip families apart? Yes?

End of Report.

francois

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

It all depends on what your particular paradigm is.

• berylblue
    berylblue

One of the WTS lame objections to birthdays (besides that it is a "pagan" custom) is that it is wrong to give so much attention to an mere human rather than to God. Yeah, that's one minute for singing a silly song, another few for opening presents (if you're lucky); that's a LOT of attention.

Rosemarie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit