Satanic Ritual???? -- The Memorial

by bluesapphire 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Hi. I have heard so many allegations and allusions that rejecting the symbolic body and blood of Christ at a JW Memorial is a satanic ritual. Does anyone have any info on this other than just the fact that it seems to be that way? I would like something concrete. I have a plan........

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

http://www.themystica.com/mystica/articles/b/black_mass_the.html

there is no set Black Mass ritual, rather the ceremony is a parody on the holy Catholic Mass. One ritual is that it is performed in entirety, or in parts, backwards. The Mass may include inverting the cross, spitting and stepping on the cross, stabbing the host and other obscenities. Urine, supposedly, was at various times substituted for holy water, or for the wine. Sliced pieces of rotted turnips, black leather, or black triangles were substituted for communion bread. Black candles were used instead of white ones. A defrocked generally performed the Black Mass wearing vestments of black or a color of dried blood, and embroidered with inverted crosses, a goat's head (referring to Baphomet), or magical symbols.

The magical significance of the Black Mass rests in the belief that the Holy Mass involves the miracle of the transubstantiation, that is, the magical or mystical changing of the bread and wine into the body and blood of Jesus Christ. If the priest can affect this miracle within the Holy Mass, then, it is reasoned, the priest, or magician, could effect similar magic in other masses for other, usually harmful, purposes. The Catholic Church condemned priests who attempted to subvert the Holy Mass for evil purposes, such as cursing a person to death, as early as the 7th century.

One such famous form of the Black Mass is The Mass of Saint-Secaire, which is said to have originated in the Middle Ages in Gascony. Its purpose was to curse an enemy to death by a slow illness, which wasted him away. Montague Summers renders a colorful description of it in The History of Witchcraft and Demonology.

The origins of the current known versions of the Black Mass date back to the 14th century in France. This was the time when the Church was persecuting heretics.The Knights Templar, in particular, were accused of conducting these Masses and also other blasphemous rites in which they denounced Christ, worshipped idols composed of stuffed human heads, spit on and trampled the cross, and worshipped the Devil in the form of a black cat. Through accusations and trails the order was tumbled, but whether all the accusations were true still remains a mystery to many.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Thanks Gita! This is a good start but I need more. I'm definitely going to spend what little time I have (due to the baby) checking out that website. It could be very useful.

The idea that a black mass parodies the Catholic Mass is excellent for my purposes. Actually I do know of an ex Satan worshiper who became Catholic who claims that they used to steal the consecrated host and commit obscenities upon it. Apparently Satan worshipers believe in transubstantiation too. This lady is a trip. She could pick out the consecrated host from among 100 unconsecrated ones. Weird. Anyway, I will try to contact her.

Anyone else with any more info?

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Gosh! Walk away for an hour and come back I'm on page four! Anyone got anything to add to this?

• Hamas
    Hamas

Maybe it is, If the Witnesses are ran by Satan. But who's to know ? Just let em get on with it

• sf
    sf

What happened to my post in this thread that contained these links and that is showing up in my post history?:

Jehovah`s Witnesses
    ... This ancient satanic ritual is now secretly practiced under the disguise of the
    Memorial Supper - where ... in ..." (Excerpt from 13 Satanic Bloodlines of ...
    www.geocities.com/jforjesus2002/page17.html - 36k - Cached - Similar pages

Beyond Jehovah's Witnesses: The Watchtower Indoctrination Process
    ... The ritual is also known as "The Memorial" because it ... and Glory virtually bounces
    off the walls, while other churches have a faint odor of Satanic influence ...
    members.aol.com/beyondjw/indoct.htm - 82k - Cached - Similar pages

Jehovah's Witnesses,chat, friends, Q&A(religion)
    ... your comments.***We celebrate our Memorial tomorrow after ... learn more about the satanic
    Islam religion ... that emphasizes devotion according to prescribed ritual. ...
    www.homesteadingtoday.com/homestead/ Countryside/Wc81c32664060.htm - 28k - Cached - Similar pages

Secrets of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society aka Jehovahs ...
    ... Before the name of Jehovah's Witnesses was established the ... This ancient Satanic ritual
    is now secretly practiced ... the disguise of the Memorial Supper - where ...
    www.hardtruth.bravepages.com/hardtruth.topcities.com/ dirtywatchtowersecrets.htm - 60k - Cached - Similar pages

These are just a few 'hits' that resulted in this search:

http://www.google.com/search?q=Satanic+Ritual+Memorial+of+Jehovah%27s+Witnesses&hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1

sKally

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

I really don't have any additional information about whether or not it might be a satanic ritual (in diguise); but I have been thinking so much about lots of dogmatic/ritualistic stuff that goes on in religions and JW's are no different.

JW's teach that taking blood in any way is a terrible sin, and yet at the Memorial, they ask the heavenly class to drink of the wine, which symbolizes Jesus blood, and to eat the bread, which symbolizes his body. This is done while everyone else joins in the celebration.

What are people thinking? This is really rather sick when thought about in a reasonable way. It's almost a form of immitation cannibalism. Why would we be asked to do such a thing to "remember anyone we loved"? Why would we want to?

It all sounds rather sick to me. I posted something similar to this on another spot, and then felt perhaps I'd posted to the wrong thread. It was too late to go back and edit. I think I might have offended some who still do the memorial thing on their own or in another religion.

I am just expressing some real concern over a ritual that we all took for granted when we were JW's. Even other religions do it as Communion several times a year.

I agree, let's give this some serious consideration. I'll be interested to see what else pops up on here. Thanks for those sites.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

I would just attribute the "satanic" accusations to the fact that (non-JW) fundamentalist Christians call everything Satanic that's different from what they do. So, of course they think the WT is satanic. I think it's just an example of human stupidity, greed and hunger for power more than anything.

Just like most JWs call everything non-JW "demon-inspired"... (remember how silly we think it is when we talk about what music that JWs claim is 'demonistic'??)

If you really want to know what actual practicing satanists think, and what a Black Mass is, just ask some satanists.

www.beliefnet.com

has a satanism board, I think, with a place where you can go and ask them questions.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Asleif....kudos!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit