My brother is not worthy....

by hoodwinked 9 Replies latest jw friends

• hoodwinked
    hoodwinked

My disfellowshipped brother and his likewise disfellowshipped friend attended memorial tonight but were not passed the emblematic wine??!!?? What were they trying to tell him? Is he is not worthy of the sacrificial significance of Christ's blood? What were they trying to tell him? This is STRANGER THAN FICTION!!!! These assholes never cease to amaze me!!

• Scully
    Scully

This isn't as rare as you might think.

It also happened to me, at the Memorial in 1994. I was not disfellowshipped, nor disassociated. I attended all the meetings. I was regular in field service. Our home was used for the book study and field service arrangements. I was, however, suffering from postpartum depression.

When it became painfully obvious that it was decided in advance that I would not be allowed to handle the emblems, I ended up in the hospital because I was ready to kill myself and save Jehovah the trouble of destroying me at Armageddon TM .

I have never been to another Memorial since then. I can do without JWs brand of "love".

Love, Scully

• manon
    manon

That is terminally crappy. My DF mom attended service some time ago and she was allowed to handle the wine cup & tray.

I'll just say they have very bad manners, you don't invite someone over to your house and then make them feel unwelcomed.

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

This is the "Love" of the "Christian" congregation who feel they have a right to take it into their own hands what people can and cant do.

Maybe this tells your brother not to bother attending anymore.

• hoodwinked
    hoodwinked

scully: you have mail..

mattnoel: that's exactly what my brother said to me when he told me about it.

manon: good point!

• rocketman
    rocketman

More Pharisiac behavior. You can just fele the love.

Scully, what happened in your case was ridiculous. It's certainly understandable that you did not want to attend again.

• Francois
    Francois

After two years on this site, I've heard every type of complaint against the witnesses you can imagine in great and wondrous variety.

The one complaint that I hear the most, by far, by orders of magnitude, is that they are unbelieveably unloving. I can attest to being on the business end of the unloving behavior at the hands of my formerly loving family myself.

But isn't it strange that the one thing by which Jesus said his disciples would make themselves known, is the very thing that JWs lack. It's one thing to claim to be loving, however the word is father to the deed and I see no love in the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses.

I begrudge each and every second of my life that I wasted among those Pharisees.

francois

• sandy
    sandy

I am ashamed to say that I have in the past defended the shunning policy. I apologize to all of you who are being shunned by your friends and family.

JWs are not supposed to judge others yet they do so by shunning people. How sad is that!!

They would actually witness to murderers and choose not to talk to or say much as hello to a DF'd or DA'd person!!!!!!!!

Where was my heart and brain?

• Mystery
    Mystery

Your brother is not worthy............

What a JW thing to say.

Tell your brother we love him DF'ed or not.

• shera
    shera

Very sad.

((((((((((Scully)))))))))),that was horrible.Sorry that happened to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit