I cut off my last ties to the JWs today.

by NaruNaruChan 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• NaruNaruChan
    NaruNaruChan

Or at least I think I did. My old best friend had to return my DVD to me from six months ago... she lost it, so she paid me back. It was an interesting situation, because I had been speaking to her up until the beginning of April, when if you remember i posted asking for advice on what to do about it. I was too weirded out talking to her, so I decided to tell her to shun me.

She seemed so hurt, but she dealt with it. It's hard because we will work together in close proximity, but I don't break promises to myself, and I have nothing to say to her. It's weird to think we won't be talking anymore, as we were very very very close best friends for 4 years, but I feel so... FREE of all my ties of the organization. ^_^ finally. ^_^

I just wanted to say that. ^_^

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

NaruNaruChan,

I'm not at all sure what your story is here, but I couldn't let your topic go unanswered and I am certain that other members will be able to offer some advice.

See - cheeses does care.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Thanks for sharing NNC. There is a certain freedom in that isn't there?

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

Well done NNC its probably for the best. Personally I tried to keep the friends that wanted to still talk to me after I had left but the few that did continue only hurt me later on, now I just have one clinging on to get rid of and that will be it. I have made plently of other friends and they have stood by me.

Lets raise our glasses to the future NNC !

• rocketman
    rocketman

NNC, sounds like you took some pre-emptive action there. Interesting.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

There's a place out here called Pinnacle Peak. It's a cowboy, steak house. If you wear a tie there they cut it off and put it on the wall. I say come on out here, and we'll go for a nice little dinner there.

I guarantee it's alot less painful

((((NaruNaruChan)))

• sandy
    sandy

I think you did the right thing. It is hard being friends with JWs when you are out of the org. They always feel obligated to try to get you to come back.

You two probably have very, very, little in common these days if anything at all. I cannot imagine remaining friends some of my old JW fiends. I cannot even carry on a simple conversation with my own family members these days.

You are right it is weird when you talk to them.

You are on a completely different planet than them. Through each and every conversation you know they are thinking "oh this poor girl she is so lost".

I don't like the feeling of talking to them either.

I am happy for you. It will be better in the long run.

Take Care.

Sandy

• Gopher
    Gopher

Chevysntats, "cut off ties" -- I finally got the connection. You were making a "funny".

That was bad. Really really bad.

• NaruNaruChan
    NaruNaruChan

Thanks all! Yeah, it was pretty unpleasant to continue talking to her. I mean, I'm from a completely different world than she is now, and to hear the blathering on about JWs and how they're doing is annoying, considering I can see right through that crap now.

Tex, you're right it was a very liberating experience! ^_^

Chevy, *LOL* OMG, I'd go to dinner with you there, that's cool.

Rocketman, Yep, I took the preemptive action before she could I'm not stupid, I don't need more pain than I've already went through. I woke up feeling like a new woman. ^_^

Thanks all, that's why I love this forum. You guys know what it feels like.

"Now I'm free, now I'm free now I'm freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! " -Vast.

• LDH
    LDH

Naru,

Let's get together sometime within the next couple of weeks.

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit