How I Spent My Memorial

by Mystery 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Mystery
  • NaruNaruChan
    NaruNaruChan

...First, I drove to the grocery store, bought a six pack of Smirnoff Triple Black and a Grecian Delight Deli Sandwich, some watermelon, and some marinated Mushrooms and Artichoke hearts.

...Then, I drove to Hollywood Video and rented Lord of the Rings for my PS2, The Crew, and Far from Heaven, and then I walked out to my car, popped in Eminem's cd and played "WITHOUT ME" really loud with a lot of base (I drive a shiny new red sportscar), drove past my old KH, FLIPPED THEM OFF WITH THE MUSIC BLARING... and yes, they saw me...

...Then I drove home, parked, threw back a few beers and I'm buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzed. ^_^ Watchin' a movie, and not carin'. I feel good. ^_^

..and soon, I'll get laid. So, today is a gooooood day

• Mystery
    Mystery

I took my 13 yr old outside and showed him the moon. I told him how much i loved him and that no matter what happended to me that each time he looked at the moon in the future that i would be there with him. that each time he felt like no one ever understood him that I would be there for him. I told him that even tho Jesus had his friends with him, that some betrayed him, that his best friends stood by him and that they loved him. Even tho that happened to him, that regardless of what happened to me when I die, that I would ALWAYS!!!!!!! love him. All he had to do was look at the moon And I Would Be With Him. He sorta got silly after that but I think I got the point across. Everytiime he looks at the moon, regardless of clouds or darkness, he will think of me. He will know that I love him and that I believe in him.

I spent my "Memorial" telling my son that I believe in him. I have NEVER felt so complete in All My Life!

• Mystery
    Mystery

NaruNaruChan - I love "marinated Mushrooms" you can have the artichokes! I will share the "six pack of Smirnoff Triple Black"! Maybe after my son goes to bed!

You know --- live is good! I haven't been to the Memorial in several years, but this is the first year that it has actually felt good!

How was your Memorial? Was it enlightening? My son thought I was just being silly, but guess what? he will never forget his 1st!!!!!! Memorial! And ..... he will always "remember the moon".

• ChakkaConned
    ChakkaConned

Mystery,

Your post so touched me. Looking at the beautiful full moon on memorial night with my children has always been the biggest highlight of the evening. We have had similar conversations and affirmations of our love as we looked up in awe.

Your son will never forget your promise.

Hugs,

CC

• Huxley
    Huxley

I also decided to "partake" of a few items.

Huxley

• NaruNaruChan
    NaruNaruChan

Mystery, *smiles* A toast to you, friend! ^_^ I was absolutely touched by your post. My roommate was reading over my shoulder and she said "You know, that person's son will probably remember that for the rest of his life." So I thought I'd say that back at'cha. Yeah, marinated mushrooms are the BEST! and my sandwich is delish, too. ^_^

• Mystery
    Mystery

Cheers!
    Deborah

• hippikon
    hippikon

What Memorial?

• Prisca
    Prisca

Beautiful post Mystery, thanks for sharing. Your son may have acted silly because he didn't know how to respond to what you said (what kid wants to think of their parents dying?) but I am sure he will remember that evening for the rest of his life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit