Top 5 songs...

by NaruNaruChan 15 Replies latest jw friends

• NaruNaruChan
    NaruNaruChan

That remind you of the society, or your experiences in the truth.

1. "HELL BENT" by Kenna

2. "Free" by VAST

3. "Im dying" by VAST

4. "Blurry" by Puddle of Mudd

5. "Alive" by P.O.D.

If you get a chance, download that KENNA song... it's TOTALLY like what we've all been through.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

I decided to be wierd and use all Witness and X-Witness artists for a list, instead. Some of its about being a witness, but the rest who knows.

1: Eye-Ma-Gettin Larry Graham .. a very strange very scary Armageddon number. Mostly a wild bass solo (the man is the greatest bassist who ever lived), but he starts yelling "Don't Let Armageddon Get your Spirrrittt! then a baby screams")

2: This Masquarade - George Benson. I don't care if he's a JW or not. That guitar playing will get him into heaven on its own.

3: The War: Prince. An even scarrier 20 minute opus which is vaguely apocalyptic ("Do you God/Do you love your government as much as you loved god/If the government/If the government/If the government wants to put a microchip in your neck/do you still love your country/")

4: Man in the Mirror: Michael Jackson (I wonder if he looks, anymore)

5: Never Can Say Goodbye: Jackson 5 (apologies for not getting Janet and LaToya on this list)

6: Selena: Dreaming of You. Well she got a JW Funeral. Might as well throw her in this list.

7: My Theory of Spontaenous Simultude: Pere Ubu

8: Black Cloud of Islam: Roy Harper (ok its a stretch, but his mom was one)

9: Look at Me: Geri Halliwell (I'd really rather not)

10: Down Ass Chick: Ja Rule (he wore the suit, he knocked on doors, he qualifies)

• berten
    berten

Is Pere Ubu really a JW?,because his music is rather off the beaten track...

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

1. Don't know the title but it's a Billy Joel song & he says in the chorus, "...this is my life, go ahead with your own life, leave me alone!" 2. "Express Yourself" - Madonna, the bit when she says 'second best is never enough', that's how I felt about the spineless brothers I dated! 3. "Armageddon It" - Def Leppard - My angry, burn in hell GB, phase 4. "Die Another Day" - Madonna - When I didn't fear my doubts anymore or fear Jehovah zapping me! 5. "I Feel So Alive" - Korn - Felt just like that after I left! - :) Victorian Sky

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Gitasatsangha,

8: Black Cloud of Islam: Roy Harper (ok its a stretch, but his mom was one)

Are you a UK poster? I have met very few people who know of Roy's music Stateside. I know Roy quite well, in fact since the early 70's. A superb songwriter and a very fine musician. Have you heard his 'Pinches Of Salt'? I am sure that he would not mind me plugging his talents with an mp3.

http://tinyurl.com/9oxi

Best regards - HS

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

1. Helter Skelter

2. Snow Blind

3. Take this Job and Shove it

4. Brick In the Wall: " ...we don't need no thought control......"

5. Strawberry Fields Forever: "You can’t tune in, you know, but its all right, that is I think I disagree......nothing is real, and nothing to get hung about...!

6. Working Class Hero: "As soon as your born, they make you feel small, by giving you no time instead of it all, until your so F***ing crazy you can’t follow their rules.....They hate you if your clever, but they despise a fool!

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

Berten: last I heard of, David Thomas of Pere Ubu is a JW.

hillary_step: No I am from USA. i'm just somewhat eclectic. I seem to have a lot of UK music in my collection, more then anything else, really. It started when I was a kid.. I was 12 years old having Level 42 alblums sent across the pond to me, because I couldnt (yet) get them here. No one in this part of the world even knows who Billy Bragg is.

• sandy
    sandy

1. Imagine (John Lennon)

2. Independence Day (Martina Mcbride)

3. "Bye Bye Miss American Pie" (Don Mcleon) I am not sure what the song is actually called

4. The Little Girl (John Michael Montgomery)

5. All my Life (The Beatles)

• sandy
    sandy

Sorry I didn't realize until just now you wanted songs that remind us of the Org. in some way.

I posted some of my all-time favorite songs.

• Hamas
    Hamas

1. All along the Watchtower - Jimmy Hendrix

2. We gotta get out of this place - Animals

3. Unconditional Love - 2Pac

4. Life In the fastlane (lol) - Eagles

5. Yellow Submarine - Beatles

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit