Sad News for Ignored One - wont be posting for a while !

by mattnoel 19 Replies latest jw friends

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

Ok so it is his anniversary for one year in the forum today.

This morning he got up to find his house rabbit Oscar was flopped on the floor, so he took him to the vets but before he got there it had died. He had the rabbit for 3 years, you know how you get attatched to cats and dogs, well this is the same. He is really sad and down at the moment. Says that he wont be posting for a while but I am sure if you have condolences I will get them to him.

Ben (the other house rabbit) by the way is still fine, but feeling lonely at losing his housemate.

• onacruse
    onacruse

((IgnoredOne))

know how you get attatched to cats and dogs

Yeah, we had a German Shepherd (Buster) for 15 years, had to put him to sleep (hips went bad, constant pain).

My son and I took Buster to the vet, me with a stiff upper lip and all. I was blubbering like a baby when we left.

Craig

• Scully
    Scully

I'm sorry to hear about this Ignored One. Pets are wonderful company and they can help us through difficult times, and never put conditions on their companionship with us. That's why we get attached to them so easily, and why it hurts so much when they pass away.

Thinking of you

Love, Scully (Netherland Dwarf Rabbit & Calico Cat person)

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi IgnoredOne,

My sympathies on the loss of your little bunny buddy.

I lost my little buddy a year ago today.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Ignored One

I know the grief associated with losing a well loved pet.

I lost, due to a household accident, my best buddy Sammy (the talking cockatiel). I was a mess for days, as he was 15 years old, and well...he was such a part of the family and would delight all my visitors. I was depressed for nearly 6 months. I can still hear his voice when I put it to mind.

Stephanus went through similarly with his cat. He was so sad, and we were too.

My thoughts are with you at this time. Sorry to read about Oscar.

Will you get another rabbit? or another kind of pet?

Keep us posted, and we'll see you back here when you are ready.

Kindest regards, Ray.

Grieving for a pet is necessary.

• acsot
    acsot

(((Ignored One))) I'm so sorry to hear about your beloved pet - I know how much it hurts to lose a pet, they're such great friends and companions to us, giving so much and asking for so little.

My thoughts are with you - lotsa hugs.

• outnfree
    outnfree

(((((Ignored one)))))

Sorry for your loss. I know several people who had beloved bunnies as well. Please take all the time you need to grieve.

outnfree

• JH
    JH

Ignored One,

I'm sorry you lost a true friend. Pets are really nice and much more pleasant than certain people we all know.

10 years ago, I also had to put to sleep my sick cat. I still remember the date and time and circomstances.

Every animal has a different character and really can't be replaced. Keep in memory the nice souvenirs that you had.

JH

• blondie
    blondie

Ignored One, how so sad. When my last dog died, I cried 24/7 for 3 days. I went to work but they didn't make me answer the phone (good thing). I just wept on my paperwork quietly.

It will just take time. I still think about my friend even though it has been several years, but I cry no longer.

Blondie

• ugg
    ugg

deeply deeply sorry for you.....how awful.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit