what should I do...

by davidsf 13 Replies latest jw friends

• scotsman
    scotsman

Sounds to me like a pre-memorial visit too. And if he's left his number then the ball's in your court and as it's been 10 years it's highly unlikely they're out to lynch you.

Ignore it and if he calls again play it vague.

• jgnat
    jgnat

If you are interested on the latest policy on how to tread DF'd and DA'd ones, here is a link to the August KM from last year.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/34256/1.ashx

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Welcome David. You will find your answers here.

OHHH Nina. dirty feet smell, ewwww!

• davidsf
    davidsf

Thanks everyone for your helpful replies. I read the KM on shunning and it looks like their policy hasn't changed since I left. I forgot to mention that when I first left 10 years ago they tried to contact me on/off for about a year before giving up. Then I didn't hear from them until recently which is why I'm so surprised.

The other reason why I just left w/o officially disassociating myself was that it was such a painful process just leaving and not going to the meetings that I didn't have the heart to disassociate myself at that time. It took a few years for me to come out of the "fog" of having been in a cult. Coming from a dysfunctional family, they were the family and community I never had. In fact I'm very thankful that I was a witness during that time. If I didn't have their support I'd probably be a homeless drug addict now, or worse, instead of a successful engineer. This is a separate topic but I wanted to bring it up because the elder that's trying to contact me now was like a brother to me. He spent a lot of time and effort helping me. I still have a little guilt today never saying goodbye and thanks to him for all his efforts and for truly loving me. That's why I find it so difficult to just return his call and talk to him.

Anyway, my plan now is to do what I did 10 years ago and just ignore their calls and see what happens. Hopefully I'll be free from them for another 10 years before they look me up again. :-)

thanks again,

David

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit